War and peace: Third-party intervention in conflict
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 23 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Grossman, Herschel I, 1999. "Kleptocracy and Revolutions," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 51(2), pages 267-83, April.
- Morgan, John, 2003. " Sequential Contests," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 116(1-2), pages 1-18, July.
- Kevin Siqueira, 2003. "Conflict and third-party intervention," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(6), pages 389-400.
- Grossman, Herschel I & Kim, Minseong, 1995. "Swords or Plowshares? A Theory of the Security of Claims to Property," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(6), pages 1275-88, December.
- Gershenson, Dmitriy, 2002. "Sanctions and Civil Conflict," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 69(274), pages 185-206, May.
- Stergios Skaperdas, 1996.
"Contest success functions (*),"
Economic Theory, Springer,
Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 283-290.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel & Stergios Skaperdas, 2006.
"Economics of Conflict: An Overview,"
050623, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2006.
- Arye L. Hillman & John G. Riley, 1989.
"Politically Contestable Rents And Transfers,"
Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 1(1), pages 17-39, 03.
- Arye L. Hillman & John G. Riley, 1987. "Politically Contestable Rents and Transfers," UCLA Economics Working Papers, UCLA Department of Economics 452, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jack Hirshleifer, 1989. "Conflict and rent-seeking success functions: Ratio vs. difference models of relative success," Public Choice, Springer, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 101-112, November.
- Herschel I. Grossman, 2004.
"Peace and War in Territorial Disputes,"
NBER Working Papers
10601, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dane Rowlands & David Carment, 2006. "Force And Bias: Towards A Predictive Model Of Effective Third-Party Intervention," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(5), pages 435-456.
- Cai Hongbin, 2003. "War or Peace," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-28, February.
- Grossman, Herschel I. & Mendoza, Juan, 2003. "Scarcity and appropriative competition," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 747-758, November.
- Dulal, Rajendra, 2013. "Countervailing Conflict Interventions as a (Potentially Preventable) Prisoner’s Dilemma Outcome," MPRA Paper 56955, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2013.
- Amegashie, J. Atsu & Runkel, Marco, 2008. "The Desire for Revenge and the Dynamics of Conflicts," MPRA Paper 6746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J. Atsu Amegashie, 2009. "Third-Party Intervention in Conflicts and the Indirect Samaritan's Dilemma," CESifo Working Paper Series 2695, CESifo Group Munich.
- Philip Brookins & Dmitry Ryvkin, 2014. "An experimental study of bidding in contests of incomplete information," Experimental Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 245-261, June.
- Ryvkin, Dmitry, 2010. "Contests with private costs: Beyond two players," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 558-567, December.
- J. Atsu Amegashie & Marco Runkel, 2012.
"The Paradox of Revenge in Conflicts,"
Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International),
Peace Science Society (International), vol. 56(2), pages 313-330, April.
- J. Atsu Amegashie & Marco Runkel, 2008. "The Paradoxes of Revenge in Conflicts," Working Papers, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance 0805, University of Guelph, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Amegashie, J. Atsu & Runkel, Marco, 2008. "The Paradoxes of Revenge in Conflicts," MPRA Paper 7687, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- J. Atsu Amegashie & Marco Runkel, 2008. "The Paradoxes of Revenge in Conflicts," CESifo Working Paper Series 2261, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gupta, Rupayan, 2008. "The Effect of Opportunity Cost and Pacifism on Protests in Occupied Regions," MPRA Paper 24015, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 31 Apr 2010.
- Zuleta, Hernando & Villaveces, Marta Juanita & Andonova, Veneta, 2013. "Conflict and negotiation in Colombia: Are pre-donations useful?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 105-117.
- Tridimas, George, 2011. "The political economy of power-sharing," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 328-342, June.
- Amegashie J. Atsu, 2011. "On Third-Party Intervention in Conflicts: An Economist's View," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, De Gruyter, vol. 16(2), pages 1-10, April.
- Yang-Ming Chang, 2009. "Strategic altruistic transfers and rent seeking within the family," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 1081-1098, October.
- Ansink, Erik & Weikard, Hans-Peter, 2009. "Contested water rights," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 247-260, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.