Debt financing of public investment: On a popular misinterpretation of "the golden rule of public sector borrowing"
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 23 (2007)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- George Kopits, 2001. "Fiscal Rules: Useful Policy Framework or Unnecessary Ornament?," IMF Working Papers 01/145, International Monetary Fund.
- Cukierman, Alex & Meltzer, Allan H, 1986. "A Positive Theory of Discretionary Policy, the Cost of Democratic Government and the Benefits of a Constitution," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 24(3), pages 367-88, July.
- Gramlich, Edward M, 1994. "Infrastructure Investment: A Review Essay," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 1176-96, September.
- Friedrich Heinemann, 2006.
"Factor mobility, government debt and the decline in public investment,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 11-26, April.
- Heinemann, Friedrich, 2002. "Factor Mobility, Government Debt and the Decline in Public Investment," ZEW Discussion Papers 02-19, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Robert A. J. Dur & Ben D. Peletier & Otto H. Swank, 1999. "Voting on the Budget Deficit: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(5), pages 1377-1381, December.
- Charles Wyplosz, 1997.
"EMU: Why and How It Might Happen,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 11(4), pages 3-21, Fall.
- Shawn Ni & Xinghe Wang, 1995. "Balanced Government Budgets versus Deficit Finance in a Growth Economy," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4b), pages 1120-34, November.
- James Poterba, 1992.
"Capital Budgets, Borrowing Rules, and State Capital Spending,"
NBER Working Papers
4235, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poterba, James M., 1995. "Capital budgets, borrowing rules, and state capital spending," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 165-187, February.
- Feehan, James P, 1989. "Pareto-Efficiency with Three Varieties of Public Input," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 44(2), pages 237-48.
- Romp, Ward & de Haan, Jakob, 2005.
"Public capital and economic growth: a critical survey,"
2/2005, European Investment Bank, Economics Department.
- Ward Romp & Jakob de Haan, 2007. "Public Capital and Economic Growth: A Critical Survey," Perspektiven der Wirtschaftspolitik, Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8(s1), pages 6-52, 04.
- Jeremy J. Siegel & Richard H. Thaler, 1997. "Anomalies: The Equity Premium Puzzle," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(1), pages 191-200, Winter.
- Marchand, Maurice & Pestieau, Pierre, 1984.
"Discount rates and shadow prices for public investment,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 153-169, July.
- MARCHAND, Maurice & PESTIEAU, Pierre, . "Discount rates and shadow prices for public investment," CORE Discussion Papers RP -586, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Sandmo, Agnar & Dreze, Jacques H, 1971. "Discount Rates for Public Investment in Closed and Open Economies," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 38(152), pages 395-412, November.
- Kato, Ryuta Ray, 2002. "Government Deficit, Public Investment, and Public Capital in the Transition to an Aging Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 462-491, December.
- Kersten Kellermann, 2006. "A Note on Intertemporal Fiscal Competition and Redistribution," International Tax and Public Finance, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 151-161, May.
- Weingast, Barry R & Shepsle, Kenneth A & Johnsen, Christopher, 1981. "The Political Economy of Benefits and Costs: A Neoclassical Approach to Distributive Politics," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(4), pages 642-64, August.
- Yakita, Akira, 1994. "Public investment criterion with distorted capital markets in an overlapping generations economy," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 715-728.
- Marc Robinson, 1998. "Measuring compliance with the Golden Rule," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 19(4), pages 447-462, November.
- George Kopits & Steven A. Symansky, 1998. "Fiscal Policy Rules," IMF Occasional Papers 162, International Monetary Fund.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreas Kappeler & Albert Solé-Ollé & Andreas Stephan & Timo Välilä, 2012.
"Does fiscal decentralization foster regional investment in productive infrastructure?,"
2012/32, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
- Kappeler, Andreas & Solé-Ollé, Albert & Stephan, Andreas & Välilä, Timo, 2013. "Does fiscal decentralization foster regional investment in productive infrastructure?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 15-25.
- Andreas Kappeler & Albert Solé-Ollé & Andreas Stephan & Timo Välilä, 2012. "Does Fiscal Decentralisation Foster Regional Investment in Productive Infrastructure?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1204, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Andreas Kappeler & Albert SolÃ©-OllÃ© & Andreas Stephan & Timo VÃ¤lilÃ¤, 2012. "Does fiscal decentralization foster regional investment in productive infrastructure?," ERSA conference papers ersa12p60, European Regional Science Association.
- Kappeler , Andreas & Solé-Ollé, Albert & Stephan, Andreas & Välilä, Timo, 2012. "Does fiscal decentralization foster regional investment in productive infrastructure?," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 273, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.