Fiscal consequences of armed conflict and terrorism in low- and middle-income countries
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 20 (2004)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- International Monetary Fund, 2000.
"Corruption and Military Spending,"
IMF Working Papers
00/23, International Monetary Fund.
- Addison, Tony & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2001. "The Fiscal Dimensions of Conflict and Reconstruction," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Barro, R.J., 1989.
"Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries,"
RCER Working Papers
201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Benoit, Emile, 1978. "Growth and Defense in Developing Countries," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(2), pages 271-80, January.
- Arunatilake, Nisha & Jayasuriya, Sisira & Kelegama, Saman, 2001.
"The Economic Cost of the War in Sri Lanka,"
Elsevier, vol. 29(9), pages 1483-1500, September.
- Easterly, W & Levine, R, 1996.
"Africa's Growth Tragedy : Policies and Ethnic Divisions,"
536, Harvard - Institute for International Development.
- Easterly, William & Levine, Ross, 1997. "Africa's Growth Tragedy: Policies and Ethnic Divisions," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1203-50, November.
- Alberto Alesina & Sule Ozler & Nouriel Roubini & Phillip Swagel, 1992.
"Political Instability and Economic Growth,"
NBER Working Papers
4173, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ndikumana, Leonce, 2001. "Fiscal Policy, Conflict, and Reconstruction in Burundi and Rwanda," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Malcolm Knight & Norman Loayza & Delano Villanueva, 1996.
"The Peace Dividend: Military Spending Cuts and Economic Growth,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 1-37, March.
- Knight, Malcolm & Loayza, Norman & Villanueva, Delano, 1996. "The peace dividend : military spending cuts and economic growth," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1577, The World Bank.
- Gregory D. Hess, 2003.
"The Economic Welfare Cost of Conflict: An Empirical Assessment,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
852, CESifo Group Munich.
- Gregory D. Hess, 2002. "The Economic Welfare Cost of Conflict: An Empirical Assessment," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2002-08, Claremont Colleges.
- Benedict J. Clements & Gabriela Inchauste & Nita Thacker & Thomas William Dorsey & Shamsuddin Tareq & Emanuele Baldacci & Sanjeev Gupta & Mark W. Plant, 2002. "Is the PRGF Living Up to Expectations?," IMF Occasional Papers 216, International Monetary Fund.
- Jerald Alan Schiff & Tamim Bayoumi & Daniel P. Hewitt, 1993. "Economic Consequences of Lower Military Spending," IMF Working Papers 93/17, International Monetary Fund.
- Dani Rodrik, 1998.
"Where Did All The Growth Go? External Shocks, Social Conflict, and Growth Collapses,"
NBER Working Papers
6350, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1999. " Where Did All the Growth Go? External Shocks, Social Conflict, and Growth Collapses," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 385-412, December.
- Rodrik, Dani, 1998. "Where Did all the Growth Go? External Shocks, Social Conflict and Growth Collapses," CEPR Discussion Papers 1789, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Volker Nitsch & Dieter Schumacher, 2003. "Terrorism and Trade," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 353, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Collier, Paul & Hoeffler, Anke, 2002. "Military expenditure - threats, aid, and arms races," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2927, The World Bank.
- Ching-chong Lai & Jhy-yuan Shieh & Wen-Ya Chang, 2002. "Endogenous Growth and Defense Expenditures: A New Explanation of the Benoit Hypothesis," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(3), pages 179-186.
- Alberto Alesina & Roberto Perotti, 1993.
"Income Distribution, Political Instability, and Investment,"
NBER Working Papers
4486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alesina, Alberto & Perotti, Roberto, 1996. "Income distribution, political instability, and investment," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1203-1228, June.
- Alberto Abadie & Javier Gardeazabal, 2003. "The Economic Costs of Conflict: A Case Study of the Basque Country," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 113-132, March.
- Venieris, Yiannis P & Gupta, Dipak K, 1986. "Income Distribution and Sociopolitical Instability as Determinants of Savings: A Cross-sectional Model," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(4), pages 873-83, August.
- Aymo Brunetti & Beatrice Weder, 1998. "Investment and institutional uncertainty: A comparative study of different uncertainty measures," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 134(3), pages 513-533, September.
- Drakos, Konstantinos & Kutan, Ali M., 2001. "Regional effects of terrorism on tourism: Evidence from three Mediterranean countries," ZEI Working Papers B 26-2001, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies, University of Bonn.
- By Davoodi & Benedict Clements & Jerald Schiff & Peter Debaere, 2001. "Military Spending, the Peace Dividend, and Fiscal Adjustment," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 48(2), pages 4.
- Perotti, Roberto & Alesina, Alberto, 1996. "Income Distribution, Political Instability, and Investment," Scholarly Articles 4553018, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Enders, Walter & Sandler, Todd & Parise, Gerald F, 1992. "An Econometric Analysis of the Impact of Terrorism on Tourism," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(4), pages 531-54.
- Addison, Tony & Chowdhury, Abdur R. & Murshed, S. Mansoob, 2002. "By How Much Does Conflict Reduce Financial Development?," Working Paper Series UNU-WIDER Research Paper , World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
This item has more than 25 citations. To prevent cluttering this page, these citations are listed on a separate page. reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.