On the welfare implications of firing costs
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 19 (2003)
Issue (Month): 4 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Giuseppe Bertola, 1991.
"Labor Turnover Costs and Average Labor Demand,"
NBER Working Papers
3866, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boeri, Tito, 1999.
"Enforcement of employment security regulations, on-the-job search and unemployment duration,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 65-89, January.
- Boeri, Tito, 1998. "Enforcement of Employment Security Regulations, On-The-Job Search and Unemployment Duration," CEPR Discussion Papers 1850, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Jimeno, Juan F, 1995. "Structural Unemployment: Spain versus Portugal," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 212-18, May.
- Pissarides, Christopher A., 2001. "Employment protection," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 131-159, May.
- Bentolila, Samuel & Bertola, Giuseppe, 1990. "Firing Costs and Labour Demand: How Bad Is Eurosclerosis?," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 57(3), pages 381-402, July.
- Nickell, S J, 1978. "Fixed Costs, Employment and Labour Demand over the Cycle," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 45(180), pages 329-45, November.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1990. "Job Security Provisions and Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 105(3), pages 699-726, August.
- Michael K. Gavin, 1986. "Labor market rigidities and unemployment: the case of severance costs," International Finance Discussion Papers 284, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Bertola, Giuseppe, 1990. "Job security, employment and wages," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 851-879, June.
- Alison L. Booth & Yu-Fu Chen & Gylfi Zoega, 2002.
"Hiring and Firing: A Tale of Two Thresholds,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 20(2), pages 217-248, Part.
- Salop, Steven C, 1979. "A Model of the Natural Rate of Unemployment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 69(1), pages 117-25, March.
- Stevens, Margaret, 1994. "A Theoretical Model of On-the-Job Training with Imperfect Competition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 46(4), pages 537-62, October.
- Booth, Alison & Chatterji, Monojit, 1989. "Redundancy Payments and Firm-Specific Training," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(224), pages 505-21, November.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-84, December.
- Olivier Blanchard & Augustin Landier, 2001.
"The Perverse Effects of Partial Labor Market Reform: Fixed Duration Contracts in France,"
NBER Working Papers
8219, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Landier, Augustin, 2002. "The Perverse Effects of Partial Labor Market Reform: Fixed Duration Contracts in France," Open Access publications from University of Toulouse 1 Capitole http://neeo.univ-tlse1.fr, University of Toulouse 1 Capitole.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1980. "The Exit-Voice Tradeoff in the Labor Market: Unionism, Job Tenure, Quits, and Separations," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 94(4), pages 643-73, June.
- Felipe Balmaceda, 2008. "Firm-Provided Training and Labor Market Policies," Documentos de Trabajo 252, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Andrea Ricci & Robert Waldmann, 2011. "Job security and training: the case of Pareto improving firing taxes," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 91/2011, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- Charlot Olivier & Malherbet Franck, 2010.
"Education and the welfare gains from employment protection,"
THEMA Working Papers
2010-04, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Charlot, Olivier & Malherbet, Franck, 2010. "Education and the Welfare Gains from Employment Protection," IZA Discussion Papers 4799, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Olivier Charlot & Franck Malherbert, 2010. "Education and the Welfare Gains from Employment Protection," Cahiers de recherche 1012, CIRPEE.
- Andrea Ricci & Robert J Waldmann, 2011. "Firm Financed Training and pareto Improving Firing taxes," CEIS Research Paper 197, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 20 Jun 2011.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.