The social cost of rent seeking when consumer opposition influences monopoly behavior
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 19 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Keem, Jung Hoon, 2001. "The social cost of monopoly when consumers resist," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 633-639, September.
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, June.
- Fabella, Raul V., 1995. "The social cost of rent seeking under countervailing opposition to distortionary transfers," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 57(2), pages 235-247, June.
- Leidy, Michael P, 1994. " Rent Dissipation through Self-Regulation: The Social Cost of Monopoly under Threat of Reform," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 80(1-2), pages 105-28, July.
- Ellingsen, Tore, 1991.
"Strategic Buyers and the Social Cost of Monopoly,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 648-57, June.
- Torsten Schmidt, 1992. "Rent-Seeking Firms And Consumers: An Equilibrium Analysis," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 4(2), pages 137-149, 07.
- Cheung, Francis K & Wang, Xinghe, 1996. " Price Discrimination in a Rent-Seeking Economy," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 86(1-2), pages 103-16, January.
- Konrad, Kai A., 2007. "Strategy in contests: an introduction," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2007-01, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Epstein, Gil S. & Nitzan, Shmuel, 2004.
"Strategic restraint in contests,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 201-210, February.
- Rustam Jamilov, 2013. "Optimal Resource Rent," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1046, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Münster, Johannes, 2005. "Lobbying contests with endogenous policy proposals," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 41, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Münster, Johannes, 2005. "Lobbying contests with endogenous policy proposals," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2005-11, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Hoffmann, Magnus & Schmidt, Frederik, 2007. "Piracy of Digital Products: A Contest Theoretical Approach," MPRA Paper 3289, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.