Collective bargaining in the public sector and the role of budget determination
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal European Journal of Political Economy.
Volume (Year): 17 (2001)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505544
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Moene, Karl O, 1988. "Unions' Threats and Wage Determination," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 471-83, June.
- Valletta, Robert G, 1993. "Union Effects on Municipal Employment and Wages: A Longitudinal Approach," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(3), pages 545-74, July.
- de la Croix, David & Toulemonde, Eric, 1995. "Efficient Over-manning," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(3), pages 493-500, July.
- Horn, Henrik & Wolinsky, Asher, 1988. "Worker Substitutability and Patterns of Unionisation," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 98(391), pages 484-97, June.
- McDonald, Ian M & Solow, Robert M, 1981. "Wage Bargaining and Employment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(5), pages 896-908, December.
- Moene, Karl O., 1986. "Types of bureaucratic interaction," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 333-345, April.
- Alogoskoufis, George & Manning, Alan, 1991. "Tests of alternative wage employment bargaining models with an application to the UK aggregate labour market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 23-37, January.
- Manning, Alan, 1987. "Collective bargaining institutions and efficiency : An application of a sequential bargaining model," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-2), pages 168-176.
- de la Croix, David & Palm, Franz & Pfann, Gerard, 1993.
"A Dynamic Contracting Model for Wages and Employment in three European Economies,"
Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales)
1993021, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- de la Croix, David & Palm, Franz C. & Pfann, Gerard A., 1996. "A dynamic contracting model for wages and employment in three European economies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 429-448, February.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1986.
"Unionism Comes to the Public Sector,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 41-86, March.
- Manning, Alan, 1987. "An Integration of Trade Union Models in a Sequential Bargaining Framework," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(385), pages 121-39, March.
- Holmlund, Bertil, 1997. "Macroeconomic Implications of Cash Limits in the Public Sector," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 64(253), pages 49-62, February.
- Leslie, Derek, 1985. "The Economics of Cash Limits as a Method of Pay Determination," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(379), pages 662-78, September.
- Falch, Torberg & Rattso, Jorn, 1999. "Local public choice of school spending: disaggregating the demand function for educational services," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 361-373, June.
- Jeffrey Zax & Casey Ichniowski, 1988. "The Effects of Public Sector Unionism on Pay, Employment, Department Budgets, and Municipal Expenditures," NBER Chapters, in: When Public Sector Workers Unionize, pages 323-364 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Falch, Torberg & Rattso, Jorn, 1997. "Political economic determinants of school spending in federal states: Theory and time-series evidence," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 299-314, May.
- Stephen J. Trejo, 1991. "Public sector unions and municipal employment," Industrial and Labor Relations Review, ILR Review, Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 45(1), pages 166-180, October.
- Caillaud, B. & Jullien, B. & Picard, P., 1996. "National vs European incentive policies: Bargaining, information and coordination," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 91-111, January.
- Johnson, George E, 1990.
"Work Rules, Featherbedding, and Pareto-optimal Union-Management Bargaining,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages S237-59, January.
- George E. Johnson, 1986. "Work Rules, Featherbedding, and Pareto-Optimal Union Management Bargaining," NBER Working Papers 1820, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Moser, Peter, 1999. "Checks and balances, and the supply of central bank independence," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(8), pages 1569-1593, August.
- Inman, Robert P & Fitts, Michael A, 1990. "Political Institutions and Fiscal Policy: Evidence from the U.S. Historical Record," Journal of Law, Economics and Organization, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(0), pages 79-132.
- repec:sae:niesru:v:115:y::i:1:p:52-63 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chan, Kenneth S. & Mestelman, Stuart, 1988. "Institutions, efficiency and the strategic behaviour of sponsors and bureaus," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 91-102, October.
- Torberg Falch & Bjarne Strøm, 2005.
"Wage Bargaining and Political Strength in the Public Sector,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1629, CESifo Group Munich.
- Torberg Falch & Bjarne Strøm, 2003. "Wage Bargaining and Political Strength in the Public Sector," Working Paper Series 3203, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Torberg Falch, 2004.
"Wage Bargaining and Employer Objectives,"
University of Manchester, vol. 72(4), pages 515-534, 07.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Torberg Falch & Per Tovmo, 2007.
"Public Sector Efficiency: The Roles of Political and Budgetary Institutions, Fiscal Capacity and Democratic Participation,"
Working Paper Series
8407, Department of Economics, Norwegian University of Science and Technology.
- Lars-Erik Borge & Torberg Falch & Per Tovmo, 2008. "Public sector efficiency: the roles of political and budgetary institutions, fiscal capacity, and democratic participation," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 475-495, September.
- Katrin Olafsdottir, 2013. "Efficiency of Collective Bargaining in the Public Sector: a Natural Experiment," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 119/2013, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia, Finanza e Statistica.
- Falch, Torberg & Strom, Bjarne, 2007.
"Wage bargaining and monopsony,"
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 202-207, February.
- Gervan Fearon, 2004. "Public sector wage settlement and the threat of outsourcing," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 32(3), pages 161-174, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.