Queuing theory applied to the optimal management of bank excess reserves
AbstractAlthough the economic literature on the optimal management of bank excess reserves is age-old and large, here we suggest a fresh, more practical approach based on queuing theory.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 391 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Commercial bank excess reserves; Queuing theory;
Other versions of this item:
- Taufemback, Cleiton & Da Silva, Sergio, 2011. "Queuing theory applied to the optimal management of bank excess reserves," MPRA Paper 33529, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David R. Skeie, 2008.
"Banking with nominal deposits and inside money,"
242, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Todd Keister & James McAndrews, 2009.
"Why are banks holding so many excess reserves?,"
380, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Geethanjali Selvaretnam, 2007. "Regulation of Reserves and Interest Rates in a Model of Bank Runs," CDMA Working Paper Series 200714, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Eduardo Jallath-Coria & Tridas Mukhopadhyay & Amir Yaron, 2002. "How Well Do Banks Manage Their Reserves?," NBER Working Papers 9388, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frost, Peter A, 1971. "Banks' Demand for Excess Reserves," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 79(4), pages 805-25, July-Aug..
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.