Residual closeness in networks
AbstractA new characteristic (residual closeness) which can measure the network resistance is presented. It evaluates closeness after removal of vertices or links, hence two types are considered—vertices and links residual closeness. This characteristic is more sensitive than the well-known measures of vulnerability—it captures the result of actions even if they are small enough not to disconnect the graph. A definition for closeness is modified so it still can be used for unconnected graphs but the calculations are easier.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 365 (2006)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Graph vulnerability; Closeness; Connectivity; Toughness; Vertex integrity;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dangalchev, Chavdar, 2004. "Generation models for scale-free networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 338(3), pages 659-671.
- Barabási, Albert-László & Albert, Réka & Jeong, Hawoong, 1999. "Mean-field theory for scale-free random networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 272(1), pages 173-187.
- Chen, Duanbing & Lü, Linyuan & Shang, Ming-Sheng & Zhang, Yi-Cheng & Zhou, Tao, 2012. "Identifying influential nodes in complex networks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(4), pages 1777-1787.
- Sullivan, J.L. & Novak, D.C. & Aultman-Hall, L. & Scott, D.M., 2010. "Identifying critical road segments and measuring system-wide robustness in transportation networks with isolating links: A link-based capacity-reduction approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 323-336, June.
- Michael D. König & Xiaodong Liu & Yves Zenou, 2014.
"R&D networks: theory, empirics and policy implications,"
ECON - Working Papers
142, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Michael D. Koenig & Xiaodong Liu & Yves Zenou, 2014. "R&D Networks: Theory, Empirics and Policy Implications," Discussion Papers 13-027, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- König, Michael & Liu, Xiaodong & Zenou, Yves, 2014. "R&D Networks: Theory, Empirics and Policy Implications," CEPR Discussion Papers 9872, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.