Correlation networks among currencies
AbstractBy analyzing the foreign exchange market data of various currencies, we derive a hierarchical taxonomy of currencies constructing minimal-spanning trees. Clustered structure of the currencies and the key currency in each cluster are found. The clusters match nicely with the geographical regions of corresponding countries in the world such as Asia or East Europe, the key currencies are generally given by major economic countries as expected.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 364 (2006)
Issue (Month): C ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Econophysics; Foreign exchange market; Network;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Junghoon & Youn, Janghyuk & Chang, Woojin, 2012. "Intraday volatility and network topological properties in the Korean stock market," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(4), pages 1354-1360.
- Maharaj, Elizabeth Ann & D’Urso, Pierpaolo, 2010. "A coherence-based approach for the pattern recognition of time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(17), pages 3516-3537.
- Jang, Wooseok & Lee, Junghoon & Chang, Woojin, 2011. "Currency crises and the evolution of foreign exchange market: Evidence from minimum spanning tree," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(4), pages 707-718.
- Siqueira, Erinaldo Leite & Stošić, Tatijana & Bejan, Lucian & Stošić, Borko, 2010. "Correlations and cross-correlations in the Brazilian agrarian commodities and stocks," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(14), pages 2739-2743.
- Matesanz, David & Ortega, Guillermo J., 2008. "Network analysis of exchange data: Interdependence drives crisis contagion," MPRA Paper 7720, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ladislav Kristoufek & Karel Janda & David Zilberman, 2013.
"Regime-dependent topological properties of biofuels networks,"
The European Physical Journal B - Condensed Matter and Complex Systems,
Springer, vol. 86(2), pages 1-12, February.
- Ladislav Kristoufek & Karel Janda & David Zilberman, 2012. "Regime-Dependent Topological Properties of Biofuels Networks," CAMA Working Papers 2012-49, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- He, Ling-Yun & Chen, Shu-Peng, 2011. "Nonlinear bivariate dependency of price–volume relationships in agricultural commodity futures markets: A perspective from Multifractal Detrended Cross-Correlation Analysis," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(2), pages 297-308.
- Kristoufek, Ladislav & Janda, Karel & Zilberman, David, 2012. "Correlations between biofuels and related commodities before and during the food crisis: A taxonomy perspective," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1380-1391.
- Jarosław Kwapień & Sylwia Gworek & Stanisław Drożdż & Andrzej Górski, 2009. "Analysis of a network structure of the foreign currency exchange market," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer, vol. 4(1), pages 55-72, June.
- Liu, Li & Wan, Jieqiu, 2011. "A study of correlations between crude oil spot and futures markets: A rolling sample test," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(21), pages 3754-3766.
- Liu, Li-Zhi & Qian, Xi-Yuan & Lu, Heng-Yao, 2010. "Cross-sample entropy of foreign exchange time series," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(21), pages 4785-4792.
- He, Ling-Yun & Chen, Shu-Peng, 2011. "A new approach to quantify power-law cross-correlation and its application to commodity markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(21), pages 3806-3814.
- Zhao, Xiaojun & Shang, Pengjian & Lin, Aijing & Chen, Gang, 2011. "Multifractal Fourier detrended cross-correlation analysis of traffic signals," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(21), pages 3670-3678.
- Sitabhra Sinha & Uday Kovur, 2013. "Uncovering the network structure of the world currency market: Cross-correlations in the fluctuations of daily exchange rates," Papers 1305.0239, arXiv.org.
- Dias, João, 2012. "Sovereign debt crisis in the European Union: A minimum spanning tree approach," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(5), pages 2046-2055.
- Shu-Heng Chen & Sai-Ping Li, 2011. "Econophysics: Bridges over a Turbulent Current," Papers 1107.5373, arXiv.org.
- Kristoufek, Ladislav & Janda, Karel & Zilberman, David, 2012. "Relationship Between Prices of Food, Fuel and Biofuel," 131st Seminar, September 18-19, 2012, Prague, Czech Republic 135793, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Wang, Gang-Jin & Xie, Chi & Han, Feng & Sun, Bo, 2012. "Similarity measure and topology evolution of foreign exchange markets using dynamic time warping method: Evidence from minimal spanning tree," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(16), pages 4136-4146.
- Huang, Jingjing & Shang, Pengjian & Zhao, Xiaojun, 2012. "Multifractal diffusion entropy analysis on stock volatility in financial markets," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 391(22), pages 5739-5745.
- Wang, Yudong & Wei, Yu & Wu, Chongfeng, 2011. "Detrended fluctuation analysis on spot and futures markets of West Texas Intermediate crude oil," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(5), pages 864-875.
- Juan Brida & Wiston Risso, 2010. "Dynamics and Structure of the 30 Largest North American Companies," Computational Economics, Society for Computational Economics, vol. 35(1), pages 85-99, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.