A stochastic model of firm growth
AbstractRecently from analyses on different databases the tent-shape of the distribution of firm growth rates has emerged as a robust and universal characteristic of the time evolution of corporates. We add new evidence on this topic and we present a new stochastic model that, under rather general assumptions, provides a robust explanation for the observed regularity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications.
Volume (Year): 324 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.journals.elsevier.com/physica-a-statistical-mechpplications/
Business firm growth; Polya's urn; Laplace distribution;
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fioretti, Guido, 2007. "The production function," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 374(2), pages 707-714.
- Tomasz Kozubowski & Saralees Nadarajah, 2010. "Multitude of Laplace distributions," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(1), pages 127-148, January.
- Guido Fioretti, 2005. "The Production Function," Papers physics/0511191, arXiv.org.
- Fabio Clementi & Mauro Gallegati, 2005.
"Pareto's Law of Income Distribution: Evidence for Grermany, the United Kingdom, and the United States,"
- F. Clementi & M. Gallegati, 2005. "Pareto's Law of Income Distribution: Evidence for Germany, the United Kingdom, and the United States," Papers physics/0504217, arXiv.org, revised Mar 2006.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Angelo Secchi, 2003.
"Common Properties and Sectoral Specificities in the Dynamics of U.S. Manufacturing Companies,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 217-232, December.
- Giulio Bottazzi & Angelo Secchi, 2003. "Common Properties and Sectoral Specificities in the Dynamics of U.S. Manufacturing Companies," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 23(3_4), pages 217-232, December.
- repec:hal:journl:halshs-00331282 is not listed on IDEAS
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.