The interaction between order imbalance and stock price
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Pacific-Basin Finance Journal.
Volume (Year): 5 (1997)
Issue (Month): 5 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Huang, Roger D & Stoll, Hans R, 1994. "Market Microstructure and Stock Return Predictions," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 179-213.
- Glosten, Lawrence R. & Milgrom, Paul R., 1985.
"Bid, ask and transaction prices in a specialist market with heterogeneously informed traders,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 71-100, March.
- Lawrence R. Glosten & Paul R. Milgrom, 1983. "Bid, Ask and Transaction Prices in a Specialist Market with Heterogeneously Informed Traders," Discussion Papers 570, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Barclay, Michael J. & Warner, Jerold B., 1993. "Stealth trading and volatility : Which trades move prices?," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 281-305, December.
- Lease, Ronald C & Masulis, Ronald W & Page, John R, 1991. " An Investigation of Market Microstructure Impacts on Event Study Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1523-36, September.
- Lee, Charles M C & Mucklow, Belinda & Ready, Mark J, 1993. "Spreads, Depths, and the Impact of Earnings Information: An Intraday Analysis," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(2), pages 345-74.
- Ananth Madhavan & Seymour Smidt, .
"A Bayesian Model of Intraday Specialist Pricing,"
Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers
2-91, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Ananth Madhavan & Seymour Smidt, . "A Bayesian Model of Intraday Specialist Pricing," Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research Working Papers 02-91, Wharton School Rodney L. White Center for Financial Research.
- Madhavan, A. & Smidt, S., 1991. "A Baysian Model of Intraday Specialist Pricing," Weiss Center Working Papers 2-91, Wharton School - Weiss Center for International Financial Research.
- Hasbrouck, Joel & Ho, Thomas S Y, 1987. " Order Arrival, Quote Behavior, and the Return-Generating Process," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(4), pages 1035-48, September.
- Andrew C. Harvey, 1990. "The Econometric Analysis of Time Series, 2nd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 2, volume 1, number 026208189x, January.
- Geweke, John & Meese, Richard & Dent, Warren, 1983. "Comparing alternative tests of causality in temporal systems : Analytic results and experimental evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 161-194, February.
- Madhavan, Ananth & Smidt, Seymour, 1993. " An Analysis of Changes in Specialist Inventories and Quotations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 48(5), pages 1595-1628, December.
- Lee, Charles M. C., 1992. "Earnings news and small traders : An intraday analysis," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2-3), pages 265-302, August.
- Glosten, Lawrence R, 1989. "Insider Trading, Liquidity, and the Role of the Monopolist Specialist," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(2), pages 211-35, April.
- Blume, Marshall E & MacKinley, A Craig & Terker, Bruce, 1989. " Order Imbalances and Stock Price Movements on October 19 and 20, 1987," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 44(4), pages 827-48, September.
- Chordia, Tarun & Roll, Richard & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2000.
"Order Imbalance, Liquidity, and Market Returns,"
University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management
qt7gh9t9w3, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Huh, Sahn-Wook & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2004. "Order Flow Patterns around Seasoned Equity Offerings and their Implications for Stock Price Movements," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt6nm0966w, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Brown, Philip & Thomson, Nathanial & Walsh, David, 1999. "Characteristics of the order flow through an electronic open limit order book," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 335-357, November.
- Verhoeven, Peter & Ching, Simon & Guan Ng, Hock, 2004. "Determinants of the decision to submit market or limit orders on the ASX," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Nikhil Rastogi & V.N. Reddy & Kiran Kumar Kotha, 2013. "Order imbalance and returns: evidence from India," International Journal of Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 9(2), pages 92-109, March.
- Malinova, Katya & Park, Andreas, 2011.
"Trading Volume in Dealer Markets,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(06), pages 1447-1484, January.
- Esser, Angelika & Monch, Burkart, 2007. "The navigation of an iceberg: The optimal use of hidden orders," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 68-81, June.
- Su, Yong-Chern & Huang, Han-Ching & Hsu, Ming-Wei, 2010. "Convergence to market efficiency of top gainers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(9), pages 2230-2237, September.
- Lee, Yi-Tsung & Liu, Yu-Jane & Roll, Richard & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2001. "Order Imbalances and Market Efficiency: Evidence from the Taiwan Stock Exchange, Forthcoming in the Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis," University of California at Los Angeles, Anderson Graduate School of Management qt7w8106qn, Anderson Graduate School of Management, UCLA.
- Chordia, Tarun & Roll, Richard & Subrahmanyam, Avanidhar, 2008. "Liquidity and market efficiency," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(2), pages 249-268, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.