Herding behavior in Chinese stock markets: An examination of A and B shares
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Pacific-Basin Finance Journal.
Volume (Year): 16 (2008)
Issue (Month): 1-2 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/pacfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Russ Wermers, 1999. "Mutual Fund Herding and the Impact on Stock Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(2), pages 581-622, 04.
- Lakonishok, Josef & Shleifer, Andrei & Vishny, Robert W., 1992. "The impact of institutional trading on stock prices," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 23-43, August.
- Whitney K. Newey & Kenneth D. West, 1986.
"A Simple, Positive Semi-Definite, Heteroskedasticity and AutocorrelationConsistent Covariance Matrix,"
NBER Technical Working Papers
0055, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Newey, Whitney K & West, Kenneth D, 1987. "A Simple, Positive Semi-definite, Heteroskedasticity and Autocorrelation Consistent Covariance Matrix," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(3), pages 703-08, May.
- Devenow, Andrea & Welch, Ivo, 1996. "Rational herding in financial economics," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 603-615, April.
- John R. Graham, 1999. "Herding among Investment Newsletters: Theory and Evidence," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 54(1), pages 237-268, 02.
- Chen, G M & Lee, Bong-Soo & Rui, Oliver, 2001. "Foreign Ownership Restrictions and Market Segmentation in China's Stock Markets," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 24(1), pages 133-55, Spring.
- Trueman, Brett, 1994. "Analyst Forecasts and Herding Behavior," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 7(1), pages 97-124.
- Demirer, RIza & Kutan, Ali M., 2006. "Does herding behavior exist in Chinese stock markets?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 123-142, April.
- Amit Goyal & Pedro Santa-Clara, 2003. "Idiosyncratic Risk Matters!," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 58(3), pages 975-1008, 06.
- Gleason, Kimberly C. & Mathur, Ike & Peterson, Mark A., 2004. "Analysis of intraday herding behavior among the sector ETFs," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(5), pages 681-694, December.
- Michael B. Clement & Senyo Y. Tse, 2005. "Financial Analyst Characteristics and Herding Behavior in Forecasting," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 60(1), pages 307-341, 02.
- Bikhchandani, Sushil & Hirshleifer, David & Welch, Ivo, 1992.
"A Theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom, and Cultural Change in Informational Cascades,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(5), pages 992-1026, October.
- Sushil Bikhchandani & David Hirshleifer & Ivo Welch, 2010. "A theory of Fads, Fashion, Custom and cultural change as informational Cascades," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1193, David K. Levine.
- Chang, Eric C. & Cheng, Joseph W. & Khorana, Ajay, 2000. "An examination of herd behavior in equity markets: An international perspective," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(10), pages 1651-1679, October.
- Scharfstein, David. & Stein, Jeremy C., 1988.
"Herd behavior and investment,"
WP 2062-88., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Welch, Ivo, 2000. "Herding among security analysts," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 369-396, December.
- Michael Schuppli & Martin T. Bohl, 2009. "Do Foreign Institutional Investors Destabilize China’s A-Share Markets?," CQE Working Papers 0909, Center for Quantitative Economics (CQE), University of Muenster.
- Narayan, Paresh Kumar & Zheng, Xinwei, 2011. "The relationship between liquidity and returns on the Chinese stock market," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 259-266, June.
- Pop, Raluca Elena, 2012. "Herd behavior towards the market index: evidence from Romanian stock exchange," MPRA Paper 51595, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Xinwei Zheng, 2011. "Asymmetric information and market collapse: Evidence from the Chinese Market," Financial Econometics Series 2011_09, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- FrÃ©dÃ©ric Teulon & Khaled Guesmi & Salma Fattoum, 2014. "Is there a difference between domestic and foreign risk premium? The case of China Stock Market," Working Papers 2014-089, Department of Research, Ipag Business School.
- Paresh Kumar Narayan & Xinwei Zheng, 2012. "Asymmetric Information and Market Decline: Evidence from the Chinese Market," Review of Pacific Basin Financial Markets and Policies (RPBFMP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 15(03), pages 1250019-1-1.
- Lehkonen, Heikki, 2010. "Bubbles in China," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 113-117, March.
- repec:pra:mprapa:37995 is not listed on IDEAS
- Leon Vinokur, 2009. "Disposition in the Carbon Market and Institutional Constraints," Working Papers 652, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- repec:pra:mprapa:37981 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Li, Jiandong & Tan, Lin, 2010. "Empirical investigation of herding behavior in Chinese stock markets: Evidence from quantile regression analysis," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 111-124.
- Chiang, Thomas C. & Zheng, Dazhi, 2010. "An empirical analysis of herd behavior in global stock markets," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1911-1921, August.
- Liu, Li & Wang, Yudong & Wan, Jieqiu, 2010. "Analysis of efficiency for Shenzhen stock market: Evidence from the source of multifractality," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 237-241, September.
- Joseph D. Piotroski & T.J. Wong, 2011. "Institutions and Information Environment of Chinese Listed Firms," NBER Chapters, in: Capitalizing China, pages 201-242 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Saumitra, Bhaduri, 2012. "A note on the empirical test of herding: a threshold regression approach," MPRA Paper 38037, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Guglielmo Maria Caporale & Nikolaos Philippas & Fotini Economou, 2008. "Herding behaviour in extreme market conditions: the case of the Athens Stock Exchange," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 7(17), pages 1-13.
- Chen, Xuanjuan & Kim, Kenneth A. & Yao, Tong & Yu, Tong, 2010. "On the predictability of Chinese stock returns," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 403-425, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:7:y:2008:i:17:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Demirer, Riza & Kutan, Ali M. & Chen, Chun-Da, 2010. "Do investors herd in emerging stock markets?: Evidence from the Taiwanese market," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 76(2), pages 283-295, November.
- Schuppli, Michael & Bohl, Martin T., 2010. "Do foreign institutional investors destabilize China's A-share markets?," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 36-50, February.
- Kim, Kenneth A. & Nofsinger, John R., 2008. "Behavioral finance in Asia," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 16(1-2), pages 1-7, January.
- Wang, Yudong & Liu, Li & Gu, Rongbao & Cao, Jianjun & Wang, Haiyan, 2010. "Analysis of market efficiency for the Shanghai stock market over time," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 389(8), pages 1635-1642.
- Economou, Fotini & Kostakis, Alexandros & Philippas, Nikolaos, 2011. "Cross-country effects in herding behaviour: Evidence from four south European markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 443-460, July.
- Sumit Agarwal & I‐Ming Chiu & Chunlin Liu & S. Ghon Rhee, 2011. "The Brokerage Firm Effect In Herding: Evidence From Indonesia," Journal of Financial Research, Southern Finance Association & Southwestern Finance Association, vol. 34(3), pages 461-479, 09.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.