Beta, size, book-to-market equity and returns: A study based on UK data
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multinational Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 17 (2007)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/mulfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fletcher, Jonathan, 1997. "An examination of the cross-sectional relationship of beta and return: UK evidence," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 49(3), pages 211-221.
- Jean-Jacques Lilti & Helene Rainelli-Le Montagner, 1998. "Beta, size and returns: a study on the French Stock Exchange," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 13-20.
- Elsas, Ralf & El-Shaer, Mahmoud & Theissen, Erik, 2003. "Beta and returns revisited: Evidence from the German stock market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-18, February.
- Ho, Ron Yiu-wah & Strange, Roger & Piesse, Jenifer, 2006. "On the conditional pricing effects of beta, size, and book-to-market equity in the Hong Kong market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 199-214, July.
- Eduardo Sandoval & Rodrigo Saens, 2004. "The Conditional Relationship Between Portfolio Beta and Return: Evidence from Latin America," Latin American Journal of Economics-formerly Cuadernos de Economía, Instituto de Economía. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile., vol. 41(122), pages 65-89.
- Faff, Robert, 2001. "A Multivariate Test of a Dual-Beta CAPM: Australian Evidence," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 36(4), pages 157-74, November.
- Dusan Isakov, 1999.
"Is beta still alive? Conclusive evidence from the Swiss stock market,"
The European Journal of Finance,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 202-212.
- Isakov, D., 1997. "Is Beta Still Alive? Conclusive Evidence from the Swiss Stock market," Papers 97.17, Ecole des Hautes Etudes Commerciales, Universite de Geneve-.
- Fama, Eugene F & MacBeth, James D, 1973. "Risk, Return, and Equilibrium: Empirical Tests," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 607-36, May-June.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1992. " The Cross-Section of Expected Stock Returns," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 47(2), pages 427-65, June.
- Daniel Chi-Hsiou Hung & Mark Shackleton & Xinzhong Xu, 2004. "CAPM, Higher Co-moment and Factor Models of UK Stock Returns," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(1-2), pages 87-112.
- Chan, Louis K C & Hamao, Yasushi & Lakonishok, Josef, 1991. " Fundamentals and Stock Returns in Japan," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(5), pages 1739-64, December.
- Andrew Chan & Alice P.L. Chui, 1996. "An Empirical Re-Examination of the Cross-Section of Expected Returns: UK Evidence," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(9-10), pages 1435-1452, December.
- Yiu-Wah Ho & Roger Strange & Jenifer Piesse, 2000. "CAPM anomalies and the pricing of equity: evidence from the Hong Kong market," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(12), pages 1629-1636.
- William F. Sharpe, 1964. "Capital Asset Prices: A Theory Of Market Equilibrium Under Conditions Of Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(3), pages 425-442, 09.
- Black, Fischer, 1972. "Capital Market Equilibrium with Restricted Borrowing," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 444-55, July.
- Hodoshima, Jiro & Garza-Gomez, Xavier & Kunimura, Michio, 2000. "Cross-sectional regression analysis of return and beta in Japan," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 515-533.
- Glenn Pettengill, 2002. "Payment For Risk: Constant Beta Vs. Dual-Beta Models," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 37(2), pages 123-135, 05.
- Chan, K C & Chen, Nai-Fu, 1991. " Structural and Return Characteristics of Small and Large Firms," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1467-84, September.
- Pettengill, Glenn N. & Sundaram, Sridhar & Mathur, Ike, 1995. "The Conditional Relation between Beta and Returns," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(01), pages 101-116, March.
- Chan, K C & Chen, Nai-Fu, 1988. " An Unconditional Asset-Pricing Test and the Role of Firm Size as an Instrumental Variable for Risk," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 43(2), pages 309-25, June.
- Fama, Eugene F & French, Kenneth R, 1996. " Multifactor Explanations of Asset Pricing Anomalies," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 51(1), pages 55-84, March.
- Guermat, Cherif & Freeman, Mark C., 2010. "A net beta test of asset pricing models," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 1-9, January.
- David Morelli, 2012. "Security returns, beta, size, and book-to-market equity: evidence from the Shanghai A-share market," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 47-60, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.