Sudden changes in variance and volatility persistence in foreign exchange markets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multinational Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 13 (2003)
Issue (Month): 3 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/mulfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bollerslev, Tim & Chou, Ray Y. & Kroner, Kenneth F., 1992. "ARCH modeling in finance : A review of the theory and empirical evidence," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 5-59.
- Kroner, Kenneth F. & Lastrapes, William D., 1993. "The impact of exchange rate volatility on international trade: Reduced form estimates using the GARCH-in-mean model," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 298-318, June.
- Lobo, Bento J. & Tufte, David, 1998. "Exchange Rate Volatility: Does Politics Matter?," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 351-365, April.
- Kang, In-Bong, 1999. "International foreign exchange agreements and nominal exchange rate volatility: a GARCH application," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 453-472.
- Andersen, Torben G & Bollerslev, Tim, 1998. "Answering the Skeptics: Yes, Standard Volatility Models Do Provide Accurate Forecasts," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(4), pages 885-905, November.
- Lamoureux, Christopher G & Lastrapes, William D, 1990. "Persistence in Variance, Structural Change, and the GARCH Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 8(2), pages 225-34, April.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1987.
"The Persistence of Volatility and Stock Market Fluctuations,"
NBER Working Papers
1462, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Poterba, James M & Summers, Lawrence H, 1986. "The Persistence of Volatility and Stock Market Fluctuations," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(5), pages 1142-51, December.
- James M. Poterba & Lawrence H. Summers, 1984. "The Persistence of Volatility and Stock Market Fluctuations," Working papers 353, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Aggarwal, Reena & Inclan, Carla & Leal, Ricardo, 1999. "Volatility in Emerging Stock Markets," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 33-55, March.
- Tim Bollerslev, 1986.
"Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity,"
EERI Research Paper Series
EERI RP 1986/01, Economics and Econometrics Research Institute (EERI), Brussels.
- Bollerslev, Tim, 1986. "Generalized autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 307-327, April.
- Charles Engel & Craig S. Hakkio, 1993. "Exchange rate regimes and volatility," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q III, pages 43-58.
- Kearney, Colm & Patton, Andrew J, 2000. "Multivariate GARCH Modeling of Exchange Rate Volatility Transmission in the European Monetary System," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 35(1), pages 29-48, February.
- Caporale, Tony & Doroodian, Khosrow, 1994. "Exchange rate variability and the flow of international trade," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 49-54, September.
- Lastrapes, William D, 1989. "Exchange Rate Volatility and U.S. Monetary Policy: An ARCH Application," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(1), pages 66-77, February.
- Hamilton, James D. & Susmel, Raul, 1994.
"Autoregressive conditional heteroskedasticity and changes in regime,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 307-333.
- Tom Doan, . "RATS programs to estimate Hamilton-Susmel Markov Switching ARCH model," Statistical Software Components RTZ00083, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Quan Hoang Vuong, 2004. "Analyses on Gold and US Dollar in Vietnam's Transitional Economy," Working Papers CEB 04-033.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Choi, Kyongwook & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2010. "Volatility behavior of oil, industrial commodity and stock markets in a regime-switching environment," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(8), pages 4388-4399, August.
- Miralles Marcelo, Jose Luis & Quiros, Jose Luis Miralles & Quiros, Maria del Mar Miralles, 2008. "Asymmetric variance and spillover effects: Regime shifts in the Spanish stock market," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 1-15, February.
- Kumar, Dilip & Maheswaran, S., 2013. "Detecting sudden changes in volatility estimated from high, low and closing prices," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 484-491.
- Wang, Ping & Moore, Tomoe, 2009. "Sudden changes in volatility: The case of five central European stock markets," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 33-46, February.
- Todea, Alexandru & Platon, Diana, 2012. "Sudden Changes In Volatility In Central And Eastern Europe Foreign Exchange Markets," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(2), pages 38-51, June.
- Hammoudeh, Shawkat & Li, Huimin, 2008. "Sudden changes in volatility in emerging markets: The case of Gulf Arab stock markets," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 47-63.
- Jiranyakul, Komain, 2011. "On the Risk-Return Tradeoff in the Stock Exchange of Thailand: New Evidence," MPRA Paper 45583, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- W. A. Razzak, 2013.
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(23), pages 3305-3315, August.
- Andrew S Duncan & Guangling D Liu, 2009.
"Modelling South African Currency Crises as Structural Changes in the Volatility of the Rand,"
140, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Andrew stuart Duncan & Guangling"dave" Liu, 2009. "Modelling South African Currency Crises As Structural Changes In The Volatility Of The Rand," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 77(3), pages 363-379, 09.
- Ewing, Bradley T. & Malik, Farooq, 2005. "Re-examining the asymmetric predictability of conditional variances: The role of sudden changes in variance," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(10), pages 2655-2673, October.
- Covarrubias, Guillermo & Ewing, Bradley T. & Hein, Scott E. & Thompson, Mark A., 2006. "Modeling volatility changes in the 10-year Treasury," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 369(2), pages 737-744.
- Ahmad Zubaidi Baharumshah & Akram Hasanov & Stilianos Fountas, 2011. "Inflation and inflation uncertainty: Evidence from two Transition Economies," Discussion Paper Series 2011_05, Department of Economics, University of Macedonia, revised Apr 2011.
- Razzak, Weshah, 2012. "Predicting Instability," MPRA Paper 52463, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ana Badagián & Regina Kaiser & Daniel Peña, 2013. "The change-point problem and segmentation of processes with conditional heteroskedasticity," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws131718, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.