Estimation of foreign exchange exposure: an emerging market application
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multinational Financial Management.
Volume (Year): 13 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/mulfin
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jorion, Philippe, 1990. "The Exchange-Rate Exposure of U.S. Multinationals," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 63(3), pages 331-45, July.
- Jorion, Philippe, 1991. "The Pricing of Exchange Rate Risk in the Stock Market," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 26(03), pages 363-376, September.
- Stefan Nydahl*, 1999. "Exchange rate exposure, foreign involvement and currency hedging of firms: some Swedish evidence," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 5(2), pages 241-257.
- Jia He & Lilian K. Ng, 1998. "The Foreign Exchange Exposure of Japanese Multinational Corporations," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 733-753, 04.
- Nydahl, Stefan, 1999. "Exchange Rate Exposure, Foreign Involvement and Currency Hedging of Firms - Some Swedish Evidence," Working Paper Series 81, Sveriges Riksbank (Central Bank of Sweden).
- Jongmoo Jay Choi & Anita Mehra Prasad, 1995. "Exchange Risk Sensitivity and Its Determinants: A Firm and Industry Analysis of U.S. Multinationals," Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 24(3), Fall.
- Harris, John M. & Wayne Marr, M. & Spivey, Michael F., 1991. "Exchange rate movements and the stock returns of U.S. commercial banks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 233-242, May.
- Chamberlain, Sandra & Howe, John S. & Popper, Helen, 1997. "The exchange rate exposure of U.S. and Japanese banking institutions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 871-892, June.
- Doukas, John & Hall, Patricia H. & Lang, Larry H. P., 1999. "The pricing of currency risk in Japan," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-20, January.
- Dumas, B, 1978. "The Theory of the Trading Firm Revisited," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 33(3), pages 1019-30, June.
- Bodnar, Gordon M. & Gentry, William M., 1993. "Exchange rate exposure and industry characteristics: evidence from Canada, Japan, and the USA," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 29-45, February.
- Khoo, Andrew, 1994. "Estimation of foreign exchange exposure: an application to mining companies in Australia," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 13(3), pages 342-363, June.
- Jane Ihrig & David Prior, 2003. "The effect of exchange rate fluctuations on multinationals' returns," International Finance Discussion Papers 782, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Nazli Toraganli, 2010. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through and Exposure in the Turkish Economy," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 10(1), pages 47-69.
- Muller, Aline & Verschoor, Willem F.C., 2007. "Trade and exposure of Eastern European multinationals," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 218-229, September.
- Manish Kumar, 2009. "A Bivariate Linear and Nonlinear Causality between Stock Prices and Exchange Rates," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(4), pages 2884-2895.
- Hyde, Stuart J, 2007. "The response of industry stock returns to market, exchange rate and interest rate risks," MPRA Paper 9679, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ihrig, Jane & Prior, David, 2005. "The effect of exchange rate fluctuations on multinationals' returns," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 273-286, July.
- Muller, Aline & Verschoor, Willem F.C., 2006. "Foreign exchange risk exposure: Survey and suggestions," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 385-410, October.
- Ahmed A. El-Masry, 2004. "The Exchange Rate Exposure of UK Nonfinancial Companies: Industry-Level Analysis," International Finance 0401001, EconWPA.
- Alexandra HOROBET & Livia ILIE, 2009. "On The Exchange Rate Risk Contribution To The Performance Of International Investments: The Case Of Romania," Review of Economic and Business Studies, Alexandru Ioan Cuza University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, issue 3, pages 57-83, May.
- Júnior, José L. R., 2008. "Exchange Rate Exposure, Foreign Currency Debt and the Use of Derivatives: Evidence from Brazil," Insper Working Papers wpe_141, Insper Working Paper, Insper Instituto de Ensino e Pesquisa.
- Bae, Sung C. & Kwon, Taek Ho & Li, Mingsheng, 2008. "Foreign exchange rate exposure and risk premium in international investments: Evidence from American depositary receipts," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 165-179, April.
- Boudt, Kris & Liu, Fang & Sercu, Piet, 2012. "Equities' exposures to currencies: Beyond the loglinear model," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/341158, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Parlapiano, Fabio & Alexeev, Vitali, 2012. "Exchange Rate Risk Exposure and the Value of European Firms," Working Papers 2012-09, University of Tasmania, School of Economics and Finance, revised 20 Nov 2012.
- Nguyen, Hoa & Faff, Robert & Marshall, Andrew, 2007. "Exchange rate exposure, foreign currency derivatives and the introduction of the euro: French evidence," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 563-577.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.