Deficits, government spending, and inflation : What is the evidence?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Monetary Economics.
Volume (Year): 4 (1978)
Issue (Month): 3 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghura, Dhaneshwar, 1995. "Effects of macroeconomic policies on income growth, inflation, and output growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 367-395, August.
- Hemantha K.J. Ekanayake, 2012. "The Link Between Fiscal Deficit and Inflation: Do public sector wages matter?," ASARC Working Papers 2012-14, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- James Alm & Abel Embaye, 2011.
"Explaining the Growth of Government Spending in South Africa,"
1105, Tulane University, Department of Economics.
- James Alm & Abel Embaye, 2010. "Explaining The Growth Of Government Spending In South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 78(2), pages 152-169, 06.
- Leanne Ussher, 1998. "Do Budget Deficits Raise Interest Rates? A Survey of the Empirical Literature," Working Papers 0005 Classification- JEL:, Department of Economics, Queens College of the City University of New York.
- Bharat R. Koluri & Demetrios S. Giannaros, 1987. "Deficit and External Debt Effects on Money and Inflation in Brazil and Mexico: Some Evidence," Eastern Economic Journal, Eastern Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 243-248, Jul-Sep.
- Christina D. Romer & David H. Romer, 2009.
"Do Tax Cuts Starve the Beast? The Effect of Tax Changes on Government Spending,"
Brookings Papers on Economic Activity,
Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 40(1 (Spring), pages 139-214.
- Christina D. Romer & David H. Romer, 2007. "Do Tax Cuts Starve the Beast: The Effect of Tax Changes on Government Spending," NBER Working Papers 13548, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- D.P. Doessel & Abbas Valadkhani, 2002. "Public Finance and The Size of Government: A Literature Review and Econometric Results for Fiji," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 108, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Facchini, Francois, 2014. "The determinants of public spending: a survey in a methodological perspective," MPRA Paper 53006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Retselisitsoe I. Thamae, 2013. "The Growth of Government Spending in Lesotho," Economic Analysis and Policy (EAP), Queensland University of Technology (QUT), School of Economics and Finance, vol. 43(3), pages 339-352, December.
- Easaw, Joshy Z. & Garratt, Dean, 2006. "General elections and government expenditure cycles: Theory and evidence from the UK," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 292-306, June.
- Barro, Robert J, 1980.
"Federal Deficit Policy and the Effects of Public Debt Shocks,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 12(4), pages 747-62, November.
- Robert J. Barro, 1980. "Federal Deficit Policy and the Effects of Public Debt Shocks," NBER Working Papers 0443, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.