An equilibrium theory of nominal and real exchange rate comovement
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Monetary Economics.
Volume (Year): 44 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Mendoza, Enrique G, 1991. "Real Business Cycles in a Small Open Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 797-818, September.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1989.
"Hours and employment variation in business cycle theory,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
17, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1991. "Hours and Employment Variation in Business Cycle Theory," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 63-81, January.
- Cardia, Emanuela, 1991. "The dynamics of a small open economy in response to monetary, fiscal, and productivity shocks," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(3), pages 411-434, December.
- James Tobin, 1969.
"Money and Income: Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc?,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
283, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Helpman, Elhanan & Razin, Assaf, 1982.
"Dynamics of a Floating Exchange Rate Regime,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(4), pages 728-54, August.
- Edward C. Prescott, 1986.
"Theory ahead of business cycle measurement,"
102, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Prescott, Edward C., 1986. "Theory ahead of business-cycle measurement," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 11-44, January.
- Edward C. Prescott, 1986. "Theory ahead of business cycle measurement," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Fall, pages 9-22.
- Hercowitz, Z., 1992.
"Macroeconomic Implication of Investment-Specific Technological Change,"
13-92, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Greenwood, J. & Hercowitz, Z. & Krusell, P., 1992. "Macroeconomic Implications of Investment-Specific Technological Change," Papers 527, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Jeremy Greenwood & Zvi Hercowitz & Per Krusell, 1992. "Macroeconomic implications of investment-specific technological change," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 76, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- William T. Gavin & Finn E. Kydland, 1997.
"Endogenous money supply and the business cycle,"
1995-010, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Eichenbaum, Martin & Evans, Charles L, 1995. "Some Empirical Evidence on the Effects of Shocks to Monetary Policy on Exchange Rates," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 110(4), pages 975-1009, November.
- Don E. Schlagenhauf & Jeffrey M. Wrase, 1992.
"Liquidity and real activity in a simple open economy model,"
Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics
57, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Schlagenhauf, Don E. & Wrase, Jeffrey M., 1995. "Liquidity and real activity in a simple open economy model," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 431-461, June.
- Tobin, James, 1970. "Money and Income: Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc?: Rejoinder," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 84(2), pages 328-29, May.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1982. "Interest rates and currency prices in a two-country world," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 335-359.
- Finn, Mary G., 1995. "Variance properties of Solow's productivity residual and their cyclical implications," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(5-7), pages 1249-1281.
- Betts, Caroline & Devereux, Michael B., 1996. "The exchange rate in a model of pricing-to-market," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(3-5), pages 1007-1021, April.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Hercowitz, Zvi & Huffman, Gregory W, 1988. "Investment, Capacity Utilization, and the Real Business Cycle," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(3), pages 402-17, June.
- Mendoza, Enrique G, 1995. "The Terms of Trade, the Real Exchange Rate, and Economic Fluctuations," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 36(1), pages 101-37, February.
- Kydland, Finn E & Prescott, Edward C, 1982.
"Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations,"
Econometric Society, vol. 50(6), pages 1345-70, November.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Executable program for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Finn E. Kydland & Edward C. Prescott, 1982. "Web interface for "Time to Build and Aggregate Fluctuations"," QM&RBC Codes 4a, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Freeman, Scott & Huffman, Gregory W, 1991. "Inside Money, Output, and Causality," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(3), pages 645-67, August.
- Finn, Mary, 1989. "An econometric analysis of the intertemporal general-equilibrium approach to exchange rate and current account determination," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 467-486, December.
- Monacelli, Tommaso, 2004.
"Into the Mussa puzzle: monetary policy regimes and the real exchange rate in a small open economy,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 191-217, January.
- Tommaso Monacelli, 1999. "Into the Mussa Puzzle: Monetary Policy Regimes and the Real Exchange Rate in a Small Open Economy," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 437, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 15 Sep 2000.
- Rebecca L Driver & Peter F Westaway, 2005. "Concepts of equilibrium exchange rates," Bank of England working papers 248, Bank of England.
- Ireland, Peter N., 2003.
"Endogenous money or sticky prices?,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 1623-1648, November.
- Wei Xiao, 2001. "Can Indeterminacy Resolve the Consumption Correlation Puzzle?," Computing in Economics and Finance 2001 209, Society for Computational Economics.
- Roche, M.J. & Moore. M.J., 2002. "Volatile and persistent real exchange rates without the contrivance of sticky prices," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n1160402, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.