Banks' demand for reserves when future monetary policy is uncertain
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Monetary Economics.
Volume (Year): 42 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baltensperger, Ernst, 1980. "Alternative approaches to the theory of the banking firm," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 1-37, January.
- Engle, Robert F & Lilien, David M & Robins, Russell P, 1987. "Estimating Time Varying Risk Premia in the Term Structure: The Arch-M Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 55(2), pages 391-407, March.
- Ormiston, Michael B, 1992. "First and Second Degree Transformations and Comparative Statics under Uncertainty," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 33(1), pages 33-44, February.
- William Poole, 1968. "Commercial Bank Reserve Management In A Stochastic Model: Implications For Monetary Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 23(5), pages 769-791, December.
- Campbell, John & Shiller, Robert, 1987.
"Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models,"
3122490, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1988. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," NBER Working Papers 1885, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- John Y. Campbell & Robert J. Shiller, 1986. "Cointegration and Tests of Present Value Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 785, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Brunner, Karl & Meltzer, Allan H., 1990. "Money supply," Handbook of Monetary Economics, in: B. M. Friedman & F. H. Hahn (ed.), Handbook of Monetary Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 9, pages 357-398 Elsevier.
- Nautz, Dieter, 1997. "How Auctions Reveal Information: A Case Study on German REPO Rates," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 17-25, February.
- Pagan, Adrian, 1996. "The econometrics of financial markets," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 3(1), pages 15-102, May.
- Bera, Anil K & Higgins, Matthew L, 1993. " ARCH Models: Properties, Estimation and Testing," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 305-66, December.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua & Hoffmaister, Alexander, 2000.
"The credit crunch in East Asia : what can bank excess liquid assets tell us ?,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2483, The World Bank.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Aizenman, Joshua & Hoffmaister, Alexander W., 2004. "The credit crunch in East Asia: what can bank excess liquid assets tell us?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 27-49, February.
- P.R. Agenor & J. Aizenman & A. Hoffmaister, 2000. "The Credit Crunch in East Asia: What can Bank Excess Liquid Assets Tell us?," NBER Working Papers 7951, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nautz, Dieter & Linzert, Tobias & Breitung, Jörg, 2003.
"Bidder Behavior in Repo Auctions without Minimum Bid Rate: Evidence from the Bundesbank,"
Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies
2003,13, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Tobias Linzert & Dieter Nautz & Jorg Breitung, 2004. "Bidder behaviour in repo auctions without minimum bid rate: evidence from the Bundesbank," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003 55, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Bucher, Monika & Hauck, Achim & Neyer, Ulrike, 2014. "Frictions in the interbank market and uncertain liquidity needs: Implications for monetary policy implementation," DICE Discussion Papers 134, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Dieter Nautz & Jürgen Wolters, 1999.
"The response of long-term interest rates to news about monetary policy actions: Empirical evidence for the U.S. and Germany,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer, vol. 135(3), pages 397-412, September.
- Nautz, Dieter & Wolters, Jürgen, 1998. "The response of long-term interest rates to news about monetary policy actions: Empirical evidence for the US and Germany," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 1998,78, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Fátima Teresa Sol Murta & Ana Margarida Garcia, 2010. "The Demand for Excess Reserves in the Euro Area and the Impact of the Current Credit Crisis," GEMF Working Papers 2010-01, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Emilio Barucci & Claudio Impenna & Roberto Reno, 2003.
"The Italian Overnight Market: Microstructure Effects, the Martingale Hypothesis and the Payment System,"
CEIS Research Paper
24, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- Emilio Barucci & Claudio Impenna & Roberto Reno, 2003. "The Italian overnight market: microstructure effects, the martingale hypothesis and the payment system," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 475, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Gilbert Bougi & Helmi Hamdi, 2007. "La crédibilité de la banque centrale face aux défis de la monnaie électronique," CAE Working Papers 56, Aix-Marseille Université, CERGAM.
- Eisenschmidt, Jens & Hirsch, Astrid & Linzert, Tobias, 2009. "Bidding behaviour in the ECB’s main refinancing operations during the financial crisis," Working Paper Series 1052, European Central Bank.
- Leonardo Bartolini & Alessandro Prati, 2003.
"Cross-country differences in monetary policy execution and money market rates' volatility,"
175, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Bartolini, Leonardo & Prati, Alessandro, 2006. "Cross-country differences in monetary policy execution and money market rates' volatility," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 349-376, February.
- Mitusch, Kay & Nautz, Dieter, 2001. "Interest rate and liquidity risk management and the European money supply process," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(11), pages 2089-2101, November.
- Smith, R. Todd & van Egteren, Henry, 2005. "Interest rate smoothing and financial stability," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 147-171.
- Nautz, Dieter & Offermanns, Christian J., 2008. "Volatility transmission in the European money market," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 23-39, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.