Additions to bank loan-loss reserves : Good news or bad news?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Monetary Economics.
Volume (Year): 25 (1990)
Issue (Month): 2 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566
Other versions of this item:
- Theoharry Grammatikos & Anthony Saunders, 1988. "Additions to bank loan-loss reserves: good news or bad news?," Working Papers 89-7, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Henk, Berkman & Rebel, Cole & Fu, Lawrence, 2005. "Agency Conflicts, Expropriation and Firm Value: Evidence from Securities-Market Regulation in China," MPRA Paper 52619, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bornemann, Sven & Homölle, Susanne & Hubensack, Carsten & Kick, Thomas & Pfingsten, Andreas, 2009. "Determinants for using visible reserves in German banks: an empirical study," Discussion Paper Series 2: Banking and Financial Studies 2009,11, Deutsche Bundesbank, Research Centre.
- Cooper, Michael J. & Jackson, William III & Patterson, Gary A., 2003. "Evidence of predictability in the cross-section of bank stock returns," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 817-850, May.
- Elijah Brewer, III & Hesna Genay & William C. Hunter & George Kaufman, 1999. "Does the Japanese stock market price bank risk? evidence from financial firm failures," Working Paper Series WP-99-31, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Kabir, M. Humayun & Hassan, M. Kabir, 2005. "The near-collapse of LTCM, US financial stock returns, and the fed," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 441-460, February.
- Spiegel, Mark M. & Yamori, Nobuyoshi, 2003.
"The impact of Japan's financial stabilization laws on bank equity values,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 263-282, September.
- Mark M. Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2002. "The impact of Japan’s financial stabilization laws on bank equity values," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep.
- Mark Spiegel & Nobuyoshi Yamori, 2001. "The impact of Japan's financial stabilization laws on bank equity values," Pacific Basin Working Paper Series 2001-07, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Berkman, Henk & Cole, Rebel A. & Fu, Lawrence J., 2011.
"Political Connections and Minority-Shareholder Protection: Evidence from Securities-Market Regulation in China,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(06), pages 1391-1417, January.
- Berkman, Henk & Cole, Rebel & Fu, Lawrence, 2008. "Political connections and minority-shareholder protection: Evidence from securities-market regulation in China," MPRA Paper 8087, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dermine, J. & Neto de Carvalho, C., 2008. "Bank loan-loss provisioning, central bank rules vs. estimation: The case of Portugal," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 1-22, April.
- Christopher C. Henderson, 1999. "The Economic Performance of African-American-Owned Banks: The Role of Loan Loss Provisions," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(2), pages 372-376, May.
- Elijah Brewer, III & William E. Jackson, III, 2002. "Inter-industry contagion and the competitive effects of financial distress announcements: evidence from commercial banks and life insurance companies," Working Paper Series WP-02-23, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Michelle Clark Neely & David C. Wheelock, 1997. "Why does bank performance vary across states?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 27-40.
- Panagiotis Staikouras & Christos Staikouras & Maria-Eleni Agoraki, 2007. "The effect of board size and composition on European bank performance," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 1-27, February.
- Kilic, Osman & Hassan, M. Kabir & Tufte, David, 2000. "Market efficiency, the Mexican peso crisis, and the US bank stock returns: An application of the event parameter method," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 73-86.
- Aharony, Joseph & Swary, Itzhak, 1996. "Additional evidence on the information-based contagion effects of bank failures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 57-69, January.
- Kanagaretnam, Kiridaran & Lobo, Gerald J. & Yang, Dong-Hoon, 2005. "Determinants of signaling by banks through loan loss provisions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 312-320, March.
- Antonio Roma, 2006. "Common factors and balance sheet structure of major European banks," BNL Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(237), pages 123-170.
- Elijah Brewer, III & Hesna Genay & George G. Kaufman, 2003. "Banking relationships during financial distress: the evidence from Japan," Economic Perspectives, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago, issue Q III, pages 2-18.
- Fatima Alali & Bikki Jaggi, 2011. "Earnings versus capital ratios management: role of bank types and SFAS 114," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 36(1), pages 105-132, January.
- John R. Walter, 1991. "Loan loss reserves," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond, issue Jul, pages 20-30.
- Antonio Roma, 2006. "Common factors and balance sheet structure of major European banks," Banca Nazionale del Lavoro Quarterly Review, Banca Nazionale del Lavoro, vol. 59(237), pages 123-170.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.