A theory of a generally acceptable medium of exchange and barter
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Monetary Economics.
Volume (Year): 23 (1989)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505566
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hayashi, Fumio & Matsui, Akihiko, 1996.
"A Model of Fiat Money and Barter,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 111-132, January.
- Luo, Guo Ying, 1998. "The evolution of money as a medium of exchange," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 415-458, November.
- Xavier Cuadras-Morató, 1997. "Can ice cream be money?: Perishable medium of exchange," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 66(2), pages 103-125, June.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & Randall Wright, 1989.
"A contribution to the pure theory of money,"
123, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Matsuyama, Kiminori & Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Matsui, Akihiko, 1993.
"Toward a Theory of International Currency,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 60(2), pages 283-307, April.
- Matsuyama, K. & Kiyotaki, N. & Matsui, A., 1992. "Toward a Theory of International Currency," Working Papers e-92-6, Hoover Institution, Stanford University.
- Kiminori Matsuyama, 1991. "Toward a Theory of International Currency," Discussion Papers 931, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Herschel I. Grossman, 1992.
"Monetary Economics: A Review Essay,"
NBER Working Papers
3686, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hodgson, Geoffrey M. & Knudsen, Thorbjorn, 2004. "The complex evolution of a simple traffic convention: the functions and implications of habit," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 19-47, May.
- Akihiko Matsui, 1998.
"Strong Currency and Weak Currency,"
CIRJE-F-14, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Matsui, Akihiko, 1998. "Strong Currency and Weak Currency," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 305-333, December.
- Wright, Randall, 1995. "Search, evolution, and money," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 19(1-2), pages 181-206.
- Phillip M Johnson, 2002. "Essays on Capital Markets: Frictions and Social Forces," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000052, David K. Levine.
- Sujit Chakravorti, 2001.
"Payments-Related Intraday Credit Differentials and the Emergence of a Vehicle Currency,"
- Sujit "Bob" Chakravorti, 1997. "Payments-related intraday credit differentials and the emergence of a vehicle currency," Financial Industry Studies Working Paper 97-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Geoffrey Hodgson, 2002. "The Evolution of Institutions: An Agenda for Future Theoretical Research," Constitutional Political Economy, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 111-127, June.
- Costas Lapavitsas, 2003. "Money As Â€˜Universal Equivalentâ€™ And Its Origin In Commodity Exchange," Working Papers 130, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Siandra, E., 1992. "Money and specialization in production," Discussion Paper 1992-5, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Gilbert Bougi, 2005. "Pourquoi le problème monétaire de Menger reste-t-il non résolu?," CAE Working Papers 31, Aix-Marseille Université, CERGAM.
- Costas Lapavitsas, 2002. "The Emergence Of Money In Commodity Exchange, Or Money As Monopolist Of The Ability To Buy," Working Papers 126, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- Giuseppe Mastromatteo & Luigi Ventura, 2007. "The origin of money: A survey of the contemporary literature," International Review of Economics, Springer, vol. 54(2), pages 195-224, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.