On ranking compact and comprehensive opportunity sets
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Mathematical Social Sciences.
Volume (Year): 45 (2003)
Issue (Month): 2 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505565
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pattanaik, Prasanta K. & Xu, Yongsheng, 2000.
"On diversity and freedom of choice,"
Mathematical Social Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 123-130, September.
- Nicolas Gravel, 1998.
"Ranking opportunity sets on the basis of their freedom of choice and their ability to satisfy preferences: A difficulty,"
Social Choice and Welfare,
Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 371-382.
- Gravel, Nicolas, 1994. "Ranking Opportunity Sets on the Basis of their Freedom of Choice and their Ability to Satisfy Preferences : A Difficulty," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1994008, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Jones, Peter & Sugden, Robert, 1982. "Evaluating choice," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 47-65, June.
- Carter, Ian, 1995. "Interpersonal Comparisons of Freedom," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(01), pages 1-23, April.
- Sen, Amartya, 1993. "Markets and Freedoms: Achievements and Limitations of the Market Mechanism in Promoting Individual Freedoms," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 45(4), pages 519-41, October.
- Kelvin J. Lancaster, 1966. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 74, pages 132.
- Prasanta K. Pattanaik & Yongsheng Xu,, .
"On Preference and Freedom,"
96/1, University of Nottingham, School of Economics.
- Pattanaik, P.K. & Xu, Y., 1995. "On preference and Freedom," The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management 95-1a, The A. Gary Anderson Graduate School of Management. University of California Riverside.
- Pattanaik, Prasanta K. & Xu, Yongsheng, 2000. "On Ranking Opportunity Sets in Economic Environments," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 93(1), pages 48-71, July.
- Martin van Hees, 1998. "On the Analysis of Negative Freedom," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 45(2), pages 175-197, October.
- Sen, Amartya, 1991. "Welfare, preference and freedom," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1-2), pages 15-29, October.
- Gravel, Nicolas, 1994. "Can a Ranking of Opportunity Sets Attach an Intrinsic Importance to Freedom of Choice?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 454-58, May.
- Gravel, N. & Laslier, J.F. & Trannoy, A., 1996.
"Individual Freedom of Choice in a Social Setting,"
9625, Paris X - Nanterre, U.F.R. de Sc. Ec. Gest. Maths Infor..
- Sudgen, Robert, 1998. "The Metric of Opportunity," Economics and Philosophy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 14(02), pages 307-337, October.
- K. K. Lancaster, 2010. "A New Approach to Consumer Theory," Levine's Working Paper Archive 1385, David K. Levine.
- Shmuel Nitzan & Eyal Baharad, 2000. "Extended preferences and freedom of choice," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 17(4), pages 629-637.
- Bleichrodt, Han & Quiggin, John, 2013.
"Capabilities as menus: A non-welfarist basis for QALY evaluation,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 128-137.
- Bleichrodt, Han & Quiggin, John, 2011. "Capabilities as Menus: A Non-Welfarist Basis for QALY Evaluation," Risk and Sustainable Management Group Working Papers 151199, University of Queensland, School of Economics.
- Wulf Gaertner, 2012. "Evaluating sets of objects in characteristics space," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 303-321, July.
- Kaname Miyagishima, 2010. "Ranking linear budget sets," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 35(1), pages 163-173, June.
- Wulf Gaertner & Yongsheng Xu, 2011. "Reference-dependent rankings of sets in characteristics space," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer, vol. 37(4), pages 717-728, October.
- Miyagishima, Kaname, 2012. "Ranking linear budget sets with different available goods: A note," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 234-238.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.