The Debreu Gap Lemma and some generalizations
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Mathematical Economics.
Volume (Year): 40 (2004)
Issue (Month): 7 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/jmateco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Monteiro, Paulo Klinger, 1987. "Some results on the existence of utility functions on path connected spaces," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 147-156, April.
- Bewley, Truman F., 1972. "Existence of equilibria in economies with infinitely many commodities," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 514-540, June.
- Herden, Gerhard & Pallack, Andreas, 2002. "Consistency in ordinal data analysis I," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 79-113, January.
- Herden, Gerhard & Mehta, Ghanshyam B, 1996. "Open Gaps, Metrization and Utility," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 541-46, April.
- Bosi, G. & Mehta, G. B., 2002. "Existence of a semicontinuous or continuous utility function: a unified approach and an elementary proof," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 311-328, November.
- Gerhard Herden & Ghanshyam B. Mehta, 1996. "Open gaps, metrization and utility," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 541-546.
- Beardon, Alan F & Mehta, Ghanshyam B, 1994. "The Utility Theorems of Wold, Debreu, and Arrow-Hahn," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(1), pages 181-86, January.
- Beardon, A. F. & Mehta, G. B., 1994. "Utility functions and the order type of the continuum," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 387-390, July.
- Beardon, Alan F. & Candeal, Juan C. & Herden, Gerhard & Indurain, Esteban & Mehta, Ghanshyam B., 2002. "The non-existence of a utility function and the structure of non-representable preference relations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 17-38, February.
- Jaffray, Jean-Yves, 1975. "Existence of a Continuous Utility Function: An Elementary Proof," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 43(5-6), pages 981-83, Sept.-Nov.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu, 1975. "A model of equilibrium with differentiated commodities," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 263-295.
- Beardon, Alan F, 1994. "Utility Theory and Continuous Monotonic Functions," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 4(4), pages 531-38, May.
- Wakker, Peter, 1988. "Continuity of Preference Relations for Separable Topologies," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 29(1), pages 105-10, February.
- Bosi, Gianni & Herden, Gerhard, 2014. "Topological spaces for which every closed and semi-closed preorder respectively admits a continuous multi-utility representation," MPRA Paper 53404, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marcus Pivato, 2014. "Additive representation of separable preferences over infinite products," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 77(1), pages 31-83, June.
- Pivato, Marcus, 2011. "Additive representation of separable preferences over infinite products," MPRA Paper 28262, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Caserta, A. & Giarlotta, A. & Watson, S., 2008. "Debreu-like properties of utility representations," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(11), pages 1161-1179, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.