The employer size-wage effect: evidence from Italy
AbstractWe use micro data to look at the firm-size wage differential in Italy. Given the remarkable importance of small firms in this country, this is a relevant issue.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Labour Economics.
Volume (Year): 5 (1998)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco
Other versions of this item:
- Brunello, G & Colussi, A, 1997. "The Employer Size-Wage Effect : Evidence from Italy," ISER Discussion Paper 0432, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew Oswald, 1995.
"International Wage Curves,"
in: Differences and Changes in Wage Structures, pages 145-174
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Beggs, John J, 1988. "Diagnostic Testing in Applied Econometrics," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(185), pages 81-101, June.
- Blanchflower, D. & Oswald, A., 1989.
"The Wage Curve,"
340, London School of Economics - Centre for Labour Economics.
- Gyourko, Joseph & Tracy, Joseph, 1988.
"An Analysis of Public- and Private-Sector Wages Allowing for Endogenous Choices of Both Government and Union Status,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 6(2), pages 229-53, April.
- Joseph Gyourko & Joseph Tracy, 1986. "An Analysis of Public and Private Sector Wages Allowing for Endogenous Choices of Both Government and Union Status," NBER Working Papers 1920, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David G. Blanchflower & Andrew J. Oswald, 1995. "An Introduction to the Wage Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 153-167, Summer.
- Idson, Todd L & Feaster, Daniel J, 1990. "A Selectivity Model of Employer-Size Wage Differentials," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 8(1), pages 99-122, January.
- Dell'Aringa, Carlo & Lucifora, Claudio, 1994. "Collective bargaining and relative earnings in Italy," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 727-747, December.
- Lallemand, Thierry & Plasman, Robert & Rycx, Francois, 2005.
"The Establishment-Size Wage Premium: Evidence from European Countries,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1569, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & FranÃ§ois Rycx, 2007. "The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries," Empirica, Springer, vol. 34(5), pages 427-451, December.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2007. "The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8735, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Thierry Lallemand & Robert Plasman & François Rycx, 2005. "The establishment-size wage premium: evidence from European countries," DULBEA Working Papers 05-07.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Thierry Lallemand & François Rycx, 2007.
"Employer Size and the Structure of Wages: A Critical Survey,"
Reflets et perspectives de la vie économique,
De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 75-87.
- Thierry Lallemand & François Rycx, 2007. "Employer size and the structure of wages: a critical survey," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8747, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Brunello, Giorgio & Comi, Simona & Lucifora, Claudio, 2000. "The Returns to Education in Italy: A New Look at the Evidence," IZA Discussion Papers 130, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Navon, Guy, 2006. "Human Capital Heterogeneity: University Choice and Wages," MPRA Paper 9708, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Alexander Muravyev, 2007. "Firm Size, Wages and Unobserved Skills: Evidence from Dual Job Holdings in the UK," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 681, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- José Ignacio Uribe & Carlos Humberto Ortiz & Gustavo Adolfo García, 2007. "La segmentación del mercado laboral colombiano en la década de los noventa," Revista de Economía Institucional, Universidad Externado de Colombia - Facultad de Economía, vol. 9(16), pages 189-221, January-J.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.