Union wage premiums in Great Britain: Coverage or membership?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Labour Economics.
Volume (Year): 14 (2007)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Edward J. Schumacher, 1999. "What Explains Wage Differences Between Union Members and Covered Nonmembers?," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 65(3), pages 493-512, January.
- Lanot, G. & Walker, I., 1993.
"The Union/Non-Union Wage Differential: an Application of Semi-Parametric Methods,"
9337, Laval - Recherche en Politique Economique.
- Lanot, Gauthier & Walker, Ian, 1998. "The union/non-union wage differential: An application of semi-parametric methods," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 84(2), pages 327-349, June.
- Gauthier Lanot & Ian Walker, 1996. "The Union/Non-Union Wage Differential: An Application of Semi-Parametric Methods," Keele Department of Economics Discussion Papers (1995-2001) 96/9, Department of Economics, Keele University.
- Alex Bryson, 2002. "The Union Membership Wage Premium: An Analysis Using Propensity Score Matching," CEP Discussion Papers dp0530, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Green, Francis, 1988. "The trade union wage gap in Britain: Some new estimates," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 183-187.
- David G. Blanchflower, 1991.
"Fear, Unemployment and Pay Flexibility,"
NBER Working Papers
3365, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Booth, Alison L & Chatterji, Monojit, 1994.
"Union Membership and Wage Bargaining When Membership is Not Compulsory,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
884, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Booth, Alison L & Chatterji, Monojit, 1995. "Union Membership and Wage Bargaining When Membership is Not Compulsory," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 105(429), pages 345-60, March.
- A L Booth & M Chatterji, . "Union Membership And Wage Bargaining When Membership Is Not Compulsory," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 048, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- Freeman, Richard B, 1984.
"Longitudinal Analyses of the Effects of Trade Unions,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 2(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1983. "Longitudinal Analyses of the Effects of Trade Unions," NBER Working Papers 1207, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Freeman, Richard Barry, 1984. "Longitudinal Analyses of the Effects of Trade Unions," Scholarly Articles 4631951, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Hausman, Jerry A. & Taylor, William E., 1981.
"Panel data and unobservable individual effects,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 155-155, May.
- Andrews, Martyn J. & Stewart, Mark B. & Swaffield, Joanna K. & Upward, Richard, 1998. "The estimation of union wage differentials and the impact of methodological choices," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 449-474, December.
- Arellano, Manuel, 1993. "On the testing of correlated effects with panel data," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 59(1-2), pages 87-97, September.
- Robinson, Chris, 1989. "The Joint Determination of Union Status and Union Wage Effects: Some Tests of Alternative Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(3), pages 639-67, June.
- Arellano, Manuel & Bover, Olympia, 1995.
"Another look at the instrumental variable estimation of error-components models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 29-51, July.
- M Arellano & O Bover, 1990. "Another Look at the Instrumental Variable Estimation of Error-Components Models," CEP Discussion Papers dp0007, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Hildreth, Andrew, 1999. " What Has Happened to the Union Wage Differential in Britain in the 1990s?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(1), pages 5-31, February.
- Swaffield, Joanna K, 2001. " Does Measurement Error Bias Fixed-Effects Estimates of the Union Wage Effect?," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(4), pages 437-57, September.
- Walsh, Frank, 2013. "The union wage effect and ability bias: Evidence from Ireland," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 119(3), pages 296-298.
- Mathieu Bunel & Gilles Raveaud, 2012. "Union Membership does not pay: Evidence from recent French Micro Data," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201232, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Goerke, Laszlo & Pannenberg, Markus, 2011.
"Trade union membership and dismissals,"
Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 810-821.
- Goerke, Laszlo & Pannenberg, Markus, 2010. "Trade Union Membership and Dismissals," IZA Discussion Papers 5222, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Laszlo Goerke & Markus Pannenberg, 2010. "Trade Union Membership and Dismissals," CESifo Working Paper Series 3196, CESifo Group Munich.
- Laszlo Goerke & Markus Pannenberg, 2010. "Trade Union Membership and Dismissals," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 324, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Mathieu Bunel & Gilles Raveaud, 2011. "Union Membership does not pay," Working Papers halshs-00868217, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.