Asymmetric information about workers' productivity as a cause for inefficient long working hours
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Labour Economics.
Volume (Year): 10 (2003)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/labeco
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Engellandt, Axel & Riphahn, Regina T., 2004. "Incentive Effects of Bonus Payments: Evidence from an International Company," IZA Discussion Papers 1229, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joseph G. Altonji & Emiko Usui, 2005.
"Work Hours, Wages, and Vacation Leave,"
NBER Working Papers
11693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bell, David N.F. & Otterbach, Steffen & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2011.
"Work Hours Constraints and Health,"
IZA Discussion Papers
6126, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bell, David & Otterbach, Steffen & Sousa-Poza, Alfonso, 2011. "Work hours constraints and health," FZID Discussion Papers 36-2011, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- David Bell & Steffen Otterbach & Alfonso Sousa-Poza, 2011. "Work Hours Constraints and Health," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 424, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Silke Anger, 2008.
"Overtime Work As A Signaling Device,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 55(2), pages 167-189, 05.
- Constant, Amelie F. & Otterbach, Steffen, 2011. "Work Hours Constraints: Impacts and Policy Implications," IZA Policy Papers 35, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lonnie Golden, 2009. "A Brief History of Long Work Time and the Contemporary Sources of Overwork," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 84(2), pages 217-227, January.
- Otterbach, Steffen, 2009.
"Mismatches between actual and preferred work time: empirical evidence of hours constraints in 21 countries,"
FZID Discussion Papers
07-2009, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Steffen Otterbach, 2010. "Mismatches Between Actual and Preferred Work Time: Empirical Evidence of Hours Constraints in 21 Countries," Journal of Consumer Policy, Springer, vol. 33(2), pages 143-161, June.
- Oh, Seung-Yun & Park, Yongjin & Bowles, Samuel, 2012. "Veblen effects, political representation, and the reduction in working time over the 20th century," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 218-242.
- Teresa Schlüter, 2013. "Real Wages, Amenities and the Adjustment of Working Hours Across Regional Labour Markets," SERC Discussion Papers 0130, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Cowling, Marc, 2007. "Still At Work? An empirical test of competing theories of long hours culture," MPRA Paper 1614, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ehing, Daniel, 2013. "Unter- und Überbeschäftigung in Deutschland: Eine Analyse wesentlicher Einflussfaktoren auf die Unterbeschäftigung in Teilzeit," FZG Discussion Papers 53, Research Center for Generational Contracts (FZG), University of Freiburg.
- Kevin E. Staub, 2010. "A causal interpretation of extensive and intensive margin effects in generalized Tobit models," SOI - Working Papers 1012, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.