A yardstick competition model for Portuguese water and sewerage services regulation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Utilities Policy.
Volume (Year): 14 (2006)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Littlechild, Stephen, 1988. "Economic Regulation of Privatised Water Authorities and Some Further Reflections," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(2), pages 40-68, Summer.
- Tangeras, Thomas P., 2002.
"Collusion-proof yardstick competition,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 83(2), pages 231-254, February.
- Dore, Mohammed H. I. & Kushner, Joseph & Zumer, Klemen, 2004. "Privatization of water in the UK and France--What can we learn?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 12(1), pages 41-50, March.
- Bagnoli, Mark & Borenstein, Severin, 1991.
"Carrot and Yardstick Regulation: Enhancing Market Performance with Output Prizes,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 3(2), pages 115-36, June.
- Bagnoli, M. & Borenstein, S., 1988. "Carrot And Yardstick Regulation: Enhancing Market Performance With Output Prizes," Papers 89-01, Michigan - Center for Research on Economic & Social Theory.
- Antonio Estache & Tim Coelli & Sergio Perelman & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003.
"A Primer on Efficiency Measurement for Utilities and Transport Regulators,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/44106, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Tim Coelli & Antonio Estache & Sergio Perelman & Lourdes Trujillo, 2003. "A Primer on Efficiency Measurement for Utilities and Transport Regulators," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 15149, October.
- Joel Sobel, 1999. "A Reexamination of Yardstick Competition," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 33-60, 03.
- Meyer, Margaret A & Vickers, John, 1995.
"Performance Comparisons and Dynamic Incentives,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1107, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Peter Bogetoft, 2000. "DEA and Activity Planning under Asymmetric Information," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 13(1), pages 7-48, January.
- Dag Morten Dalen, 1998. "Yardstick Competition and Investment Incentives," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(1), pages 105-126, 03.
- Thanassoulis, Emmanuel, 2000. "The use of data envelopment analysis in the regulation of UK water utilities: Water distribution," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 126(2), pages 436-453, October.
- Álvaro Bustos & Alexander Galetovic, 2004. "Monopoly Regulation, Chilean Style: The Efficient-Firm Standard In Theory And Practice," Documentos de Trabajo 182, Centro de Economía Aplicada, Universidad de Chile.
- Rita Martins & Fernando Coelho & Adelino Fortunato, 2008.
"Water Losses and Hydrographical Regions Influence on the Cost Structure of the Portuguese Water Industry,"
GEMF Working Papers
2008-06, GEMF - Faculdade de Economia, Universidade de Coimbra.
- Rita Martins & Fernando Coelho & Adelino Fortunato, 2012. "Water losses and hydrographical regions influence on the cost structure of the Portuguese water industry," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 81-94, August.
- Santos, Jorge & Furtado, Ana & Marques, Rui Cunha, 2010. "Reform and regulation of the Portuguese rail sector. What has failed?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 94-102, June.
- De Witte, Kristof & Marques, R, 2007.
"Designing incentives in local public utilities, an international comparison of the drinking water sector,"
Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven
urn:hdl:123456789/175405, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Kristof De Witte & Rui C. Marques, 2007. "Designing incenttives in local public utilities, an international comparison of the drinking water sector," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces0732, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Rui Cunha Marques & Ana Oliveira-Brochado, 2007. "Comparing Airport regulation in Europe: Is there need for a European Regulator?," FEP Working Papers 259, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Varmaz, Armin & Varwig, Andreas & Poddig, Thorsten, 2013. "Centralized resource planning and Yardstick competition," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 112-118.
- De Witte, Kristof & Marques, Rui, 2009.
"Gaming in a benchmarking environment. A non-parametric analysis of benchmarking in the water sector,"
14679, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- De Witte, Kristof & Marques, R., 2009. "Gaming in a benchmarking environment. A non-parametric analysis of benchmarking in the water sector," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/229415, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Marques, Rui Cunha & Brochado, Ana, 2008. "Airport regulation in Europe: Is there need for a European Observatory?," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 163-172, May.
- Fumitoshi Mizutani & Hideo Kozumi & Noriaki Matsushima, 2009. "Does yardstick regulation really work? Empirical evidence from Japan’s rail industry," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 36(3), pages 308-323, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.