A data envelopment analysis of the efficiency of China's thermal power generation
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Utilities Policy.
Volume (Year): 10 (2001)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30478
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Thomas G. Cowing & V. Kerry Smith, 1978. "The Estimation of a Production Technology: A Survey of Econometric Analyses of Steam-Electric Generation," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 54(2), pages 156-186.
- Yoram Barzel, 1964. "The Production Function and Technical Change in the Steam-Power Industry," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 133.
- Fare, R. & Grosskopf, S. & Logan, J., 1985. "The relative performance of publicly-owned and privately-owned electric utilities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 89-106, February.
- Meyer, Robert A, 1975. "Publicly Owned Versus Privately Owned Utilities: A Policy Choice," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 57(4), pages 391-99, November.
- Cowing, Thomas G, 1974. "Technical Change and Scale Economies in an Engineering Production Function: The Case of Steam Electric Power," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(2), pages 135-52, December.
- Olatubi, Williams O. & Dismukes, David E., 2000. "A data envelopment analysis of the levels and determinants of coal-fired electric power generation performance," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 47-59, June.
- Leon Courville, 1974. "Regulation and Efficiency in the Electric Utility Industry," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 5(1), pages 53-74, Spring.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1998. "Relative performance of public and private ownership under yardstick competition: electricity retail distribution," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 97-122, January.
- Wirtshafter, Robert M. & Shih, Ed, 1990. "Decentralization of China's electricity sector: Is small beautiful?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 505-512, April.
- Bagdadioglu, Necmiddin & Waddams Price, Catherine M. & Weyman-Jones, Thomas G., 1996. "Efficiency and ownership in electricity distribution: A non-parametric model of the Turkish experience," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 1-23, April.
- Hjalmarsson, Lennart & Veiderpass, Ann, 1992. " Productivity in Swedish Electricity Retail Distribution," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(0), pages S193-205, Supplemen.
- Boyes, William J, 1976. "An Empirical Examination of the Averch-Johnson Effect," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(1), pages 25-35, March.
- Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna & Yaisawarng, Suthathip & Li, Sung Ko & Wang, Zhaoping, 1990. "Productivity growth in Illinois electric utilities," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 383-398, December.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Halvorsen, Robert, 1986. "The relative efficiency of public and private firms in a regulated environment: The case of U.S. electric utilities," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(3), pages 281-294, April.
- Weyman-Jones, Thomas G., 1991. "Productive efficiency in a regulated industry : The area electricity boards of England and Wales," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 116-122, April.
- Pescatrice, Donn R. & Trapani, John III, 1980. "The performance and objectives of public and private utilities operating in the United States," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(2), pages 259-276, April.
- Christensen, Laurits R & Greene, William H, 1976. "Economies of Scale in U.S. Electric Power Generation," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 655-76, August.
- Liu, C.H. & Lin, Sue J. & Lewis, Charles, 2010. "Evaluation of thermal power plant operational performance in Taiwan by data envelopment analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 1049-1058, February.
- Wang, Yi-Shu & Xie, Bai-Chen & Shang, Li-Feng & Li, Wen-Hua, 2013. "Measures to improve the performance of China’s thermal power industry in view of cost efficiency," Applied Energy, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 1078-1086.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika, 2011. "Operational synergy in the US electric utility industry under an influence of deregulation policy: A linkage to financial performance and corporate value," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 699-713, February.
- Bi, Gong-Bing & Song, Wen & Zhou, P. & Liang, Liang, 2014. "Does environmental regulation affect energy efficiency in China's thermal power generation? Empirical evidence from a slacks-based DEA model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 66(C), pages 537-546.
- See, Kok Fong & Coelli, Tim, 2012. "An analysis of factors that influence the technical efficiency of Malaysian thermal power plants," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 677-685.
- Del Bo, Chiara F., 2013. "FDI spillovers at different levels of industrial and spatial aggregation: Evidence from the electricity sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 1490-1502.
- Lau, Kwok Hung, 2013. "Measuring distribution efficiency of a retail network through data envelopment analysis," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(2), pages 598-611.
- Azadeh, A. & Ghaderi, S.F. & Anvari, M. & Saberi, M., 2007. "Performance assessment of electric power generations using an adaptive neural network algorithm," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 3155-3166, June.
- Sözen, Adnan & Alp, Ihsan & Özdemir, Adnan, 2010. "Assessment of operational and environmental performance of the thermal power plants in Turkey by using data envelopment analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(10), pages 6194-6203, October.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika & Ueno, Takahiro, 2010. "Performance analysis of US coal-fired power plants by measuring three DEA efficiencies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 1675-1688, April.
- Zhou, Yan & Xing, Xinpeng & Fang, Kuangnan & Liang, Dapeng & Xu, Chunlin, 2013. "Environmental efficiency analysis of power industry in China based on an entropy SBM model," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 68-75.
- Sueyoshi, Toshiyuki & Goto, Mika, 2012. "Efficiency-based rank assessment for electric power industry: A combined use of Data Envelopment Analysis (DEA) and DEA-Discriminant Analysis (DA)," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 634-644.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.