Valuing the Consumption Benefits from Professional Sports Franchises
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 48 (2000)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baade, Robert A & Dye, Richard F, 1988. "An Analysis of the Economic Rationale for Public Subsidization of Sports Stadiums," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 37-47, July.
- Bradford, David F. & Hildebrandt, Gregory G., 1977. "Observable preferences for public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 111-131, October.
- Willig, Robert D, 1976. "Consumer's Surplus without Apology," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(4), pages 589-97, September.
- Daraius Irani, 1997. "Public Subsidies to Stadiums: Do the Costs Outweigh the Benefits?," Public Finance Review, , vol. 25(2), pages 238-253, March.
- Lim, Kyoung-Min & Lim, Seul-Ye & Yoo, Seung-Hoon, 2014. "Short- and long-run elasticities of electricity demand in the Korean service sector," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 517-521.
- Drayer, Joris & Rascher, Daniel A. & McEvoy, Chad D., 2012. "An examination of underlying consumer demand and sport pricing using secondary market data," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 448-460.
- John C. Whitehead & Bruce K. Johnson & Daniel S. Mason & Gordon J. Walker, 2009. "Using Revealed and Stated Preference Data to Estimate the Demand and Consumption Benefits of Sporting Events: An Application to National Hockey League Game Trips," Working Papers 09-13, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Bruce Johnson & Mike Mondello & John C. Whitehead, 2004. "Contingent Valuation of Sports Stadiums and Arenas: Temporal Embedding and Order Effect," Working Papers 04-15, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University, revised 2005.
- Brad R. Humphreys & Li Zhou, 2014.
"Loss Aversion, Team Relocations, and Major League Expansion,"
14-17, Department of Economics, West Virginia University.
- Humphreys, Brad & Zhou, Li, 2014. "Loss Aversion, Team Relocations, and Major League Expansion," Working Papers 2014-3, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Phillip HONE, 2005. "Assessing The Contribution Of Sport To The Economy," Economics Series 2005_02, Deakin University, Faculty of Business and Law, School of Accounting, Economics and Finance.
- Brad Humphreys & Jane Ruseski, 2008.
"The Size and Scope of the Sports Industry in the United States,"
0811, International Association of Sports Economists & North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Brad Humphreys & Jane Ruseski, 2008. "The Size and Scope of the Sports Industry in the United States," IASE Conference Papers 0833, International Association of Sports Economists.
- Gerald Carlino & N. Edward Coulson, 2002.
"Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL,"
02-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Carlino, Gerald & Coulson, N. Edward, 2004. "Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 25-50, July.
- Glazer, Amihai & Gradstein, Mark & Ranjan, Priya, 2003. "Consumption variety and urban agglomeration," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(6), pages 653-661, October.
- Bruce K. Johnson & Michael J. Mondello & John C. Whitehead, 2005. "What is the Value of Public Goods Generated by a National Football League Team: A CVM Approach," Working Papers 05-10, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.