Airport and Airline Competition for Passengers Departing from a Large Metropolitan Area
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 48 (2000)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Brueckner, Jan K & Spiller, Pablo T, 1994. "Economies of Traffic Density in the Deregulated Airline Industry," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 37(2), pages 379-415, October.
- Hansen, Mark, 1990. "Airline competition in a hub-dominated environment: An application of noncooperative game theory," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 27-43, February.
- Oum, Tae Hoon & Zhang, Yimin, 1990. "Airport pricing : Congestion tolls, lumpy investment, and cost recovery," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(3), pages 353-374, December.
- Oum, Tae Hoon & Zhang, Anming & Zhang, Yimin, 1996. "A note on optimal airport pricing in a hub-and-spoke system," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 11-18, February.
- Eric Pels & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 2001. "Airport and Airline Choice in a Multiple Airport Region: An Empirical Analysis for the San Francisco Bay Area," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 1-9.
- Adler, Nicole & Pels, Eric & Nash, Chris, 2010. "High-speed rail and air transport competition: Game engineering as tool for cost-benefit analysis," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 812-833, August.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2009051 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takebayashi, Mikio, 2012. "Managing the multiple airport system by coordinating short/long-haul flights," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 22(C), pages 16-20.
- Zhang, Anming & Fu, Xiaowen & Yang, Hangjun (Gavin), 2010. "Revenue sharing with multiple airlines and airports," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(8-9), pages 944-959, September.
- Volodymyr Bilotkach, 2005. "Two results for asymmetric multiproduct duopoly," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(5), pages 273-276.
- Nucciarelli, Alberto & Gastaldi, Massimo, 2009. "Collaboration in the airport business through the development of an IT platform," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 121(2), pages 562-573, October.
- Wei, Wenbin & Hansen, Mark, 2006. "An aggregate demand model for air passenger traffic in the hub-and-spoke network," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 40(10), pages 841-851, December.
- Noriaki Matsushima & Kazuhiro Takauchi, 2013. "Port Privatization in an International Oligopoly," ISER Discussion Paper 0864, Institute of Social and Economic Research, Osaka University.
- Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 2003. "Access to and competition between airports: a case study for the San Francisco Bay area," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 71-83, January.
- Stef PROOST & Fay DUNKERLEY & Saskia VAN DER LOO & Nicole ADLER & Johannes BRÖCKER & Artem KORZHENEVYCH, 2010.
"Do the selected Trans European transport investments pass the Cost Benefit test?,"
Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers
ces10.02, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Stef Proost & Fay Dunkerley & Saskia Loo & Nicole Adler & Johannes Bröcker & Artem Korzhenevych, 2014. "Do the selected Trans European transport investments pass the cost benefit test?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 41(1), pages 107-132, January.
- Jan Brueckner & Darin Lee & Ethan Singer, 2014. "City-Pairs Versus Airport-Pairs: A Market-Definition Methodology for the Airline Industry," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 1-25, February.
- Jorge Valido & M. Pilar Socorro & Francesca Medda, 2013. "DYPES: Vertical differentiation, schedule delay and entry deterrence: Low cost vs. full service airlines," Working Papers 2013-05, FEDEA.
- Behrens, Christiaan & Pels, Eric, 2012. "Intermodal competition in the London–Paris passenger market: High-Speed Rail and air transport," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 278-288.
- Matisziw, T.C. & Grubesic, T.H., 2010. "Evaluating locational accessibility to the US air transportation system," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 44(9), pages 710-722, November.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2008103 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nicole Adler & Chris Nash & Eric Pels, 2008. "High-Speed Rail & Air Transport Competition," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-103/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Gupta, Gautam & Goodchild, Anne & Hansen, Mark, 2011. "A competitive, charter air-service planning model for student athlete travel," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 128-149, January.
- Li, Zhi-Chun & Lam, William H.K. & Wong, S.C. & Fu, Xiaowen, 2010. "Optimal route allocation in a liberalizing airline market," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 886-902, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.