Agglomeration Economies as Manifested in Technical Efficiency at the Firm Level
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Henderson, J. V., 1982. "The impact of government policies on urban concentration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 280-303, November.
- Henderson, J Vernon, 1983. "Industrial Bases and City Sizes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 164-68, May.
- Moomaw, Ronald L., 1983. "Is population scale a worthless surrogate for business agglomeration economies?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 525-545, November.
- Henderson, J. Vernon, 1986. "Efficiency of resource usage and city size," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 47-70, January.
- Bauer, Paul W., 1990. "Recent developments in the econometric estimation of frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 39-56.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C., 1990. "Matching and agglomeration economies in a system of cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 189-212, September.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Nakamura, Ryohei, 1985. "Agglomeration economies in urban manufacturing industries: A case of Japanese cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 108-124, January.
- Rizov, Marian & Oskam, Arie & Walsh, Paul, 2012.
"Is there a limit to agglomeration? Evidence from productivity of Dutch firms,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 595-606.
- Marian Rizov, 2011. "Is there a limit to agglomeration? Evidence from productivity of Dutch firms," ERSA conference papers ersa11p231, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2010060 is not listed on IDEAS
- Amrita Ghatak, 2010. "Health, Labour Supply and Wages: A Critical Review of Literature," Working Papers 244, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Dimitris Skuras & Kostas Tsekouras & Efthalia Dimara, 2011. "Deciphering the effects of agglomeration economies on firmsâ€™ productive efficiency," ERSA conference papers ersa11p696, European Regional Science Association.
- Miguel Angel Quiroga Suazo, 2002. "Agglomeration economies: influence on the distribution of foreign investment in Chile," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 29(1 Year 20), pages 139-163, June.
- Arup Mitra, 2011. "Urbanization in India: Evidence on Agglomeration Economies," Working Papers id:4394, eSocialSciences.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.