Agglomeration Economies as Manifested in Technical Efficiency at the Firm Level
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bauer, Paul W., 1990. "Recent developments in the econometric estimation of frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 39-56.
- Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C., 1990. "Matching and agglomeration economies in a system of cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 189-212, September.
- Segal, David, 1976. "Are There Returns to Scale in City Size?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 58(3), pages 339-50, August.
- Henderson, J. V., 1982. "The impact of government policies on urban concentration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 280-303, November.
- Henderson, J. Vernon, 1986. "Efficiency of resource usage and city size," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 47-70, January.
- Nakamura, Ryohei, 1985. "Agglomeration economies in urban manufacturing industries: A case of Japanese cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 108-124, January.
- Henderson, J Vernon, 1983. "Industrial Bases and City Sizes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 164-68, May.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Moomaw, Ronald L., 1983. "Is population scale a worthless surrogate for business agglomeration economies?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 525-545, November.
- Rizov, Marian & Oskam, Arie & Walsh, Paul, 2012.
"Is there a limit to agglomeration? Evidence from productivity of Dutch firms,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier,
Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 595-606.
- Marian Rizov, 2011. "Is there a limit to agglomeration? Evidence from productivity of Dutch firms," ERSA conference papers, European Regional Science Association ersa11p231, European Regional Science Association.
- Miguel Angel Quiroga Suazo, 2002. "Agglomeration economies: influence on the distribution of foreign investment in Chile," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 29(1 Year 20), pages 139-163, June.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2010060 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dimitris Skuras & Kostas Tsekouras & Efthalia Dimara, 2011. "Deciphering the effects of agglomeration economies on firmsâ€™ productive efficiency," ERSA conference papers, European Regional Science Association ersa11p696, European Regional Science Association.
- Amrita Ghatak, 2010. "Health, Labour Supply and Wages: A Critical Review of Literature," Working Papers, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore 244, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Arup Mitra, 2011. "Urbanization in India: Evidence on Agglomeration Economies," Working Papers id:4394, eSocialSciences.
- Robert C. Allen, 2008. "A Review of Gregory Clark's A Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of the World," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, American Economic Association, vol. 46(4), pages 946-73, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.