Agglomeration Economies as Manifested in Technical Efficiency at the Firm Level
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 45 (1999)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Helsley, Robert W. & Strange, William C., 1990. "Matching and agglomeration economies in a system of cities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 189-212, September.
- Henderson, J. Vernon, 1986. "Efficiency of resource usage and city size," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 47-70, January.
- Henderson, J. V., 1982. "The impact of government policies on urban concentration," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 280-303, November.
- Henderson, J Vernon, 1983. "Industrial Bases and City Sizes," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 164-68, May.
- Moomaw, Ronald L., 1983. "Is population scale a worthless surrogate for business agglomeration economies?," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 525-545, November.
- Aigner, Dennis & Lovell, C. A. Knox & Schmidt, Peter, 1977. "Formulation and estimation of stochastic frontier production function models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 6(1), pages 21-37, July.
- Bauer, Paul W., 1990. "Recent developments in the econometric estimation of frontiers," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 46(1-2), pages 39-56.
- Nakamura, Ryohei, 1985. "Agglomeration economies in urban manufacturing industries: A case of Japanese cities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 108-124, January.
- Jondrow, James & Knox Lovell, C. A. & Materov, Ivan S. & Schmidt, Peter, 1982. "On the estimation of technical inefficiency in the stochastic frontier production function model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2-3), pages 233-238, August.
- Amrita Ghatak, 2010. "Health, Labour Supply and Wages: A Critical Review of Literature," Working Papers 244, Institute for Social and Economic Change, Bangalore.
- Miguel Angel Quiroga Suazo, 2002. "Agglomeration economies: influence on the distribution of foreign investment in Chile," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 29(1 Year 20), pages 139-163, June.
- Dimitris Skuras & Kostas Tsekouras & Efthalia Dimara, 2011. "Deciphering the effects of agglomeration economies on firmsâ€™ productive efficiency," ERSA conference papers ersa11p696, European Regional Science Association.
- Arup Mitra, 2011. "Urbanization in India: Evidence on Agglomeration Economies," Working Papers id:4394, eSocialSciences.
- Rizov, Marian & Oskam, Arie & Walsh, Paul, 2012.
"Is there a limit to agglomeration? Evidence from productivity of Dutch firms,"
Regional Science and Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 42(4), pages 595-606.
- Marian Rizov, 2011. "Is there a limit to agglomeration? Evidence from productivity of Dutch firms," ERSA conference papers ersa11p231, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:dgr:uvatin:2010060 is not listed on IDEAS
- Robert C. Allen, 2008. "A Review of Gregory Clark's A Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of the World," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 46(4), pages 946-73, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.