The Overspending and Flypaper Effects of Fiscal Illusion: Theory and Empirical Evidence
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 44 (1998)
Issue (Month): 1 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Randall Holcombe, 1989. "The median voter model in public choice theory," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 61(2), pages 115-125, May.
- Fisher, Ronald C., 1982. "Income and grant effects on local expenditure: The flypaper effect and other difficulties," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(3), pages 324-345, November.
- Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 1992. "Fiscal illusion, uncertainty, and the flypaper effect," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 207-223, July.
- Holsey, Cheryl M., 1993. "Price and income distortions under separate spending and taxing decisions," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 93-114, January.
- Clotfelter, Charles T, 1976. "Public Spending for Higher Education: An Empirical Test of Two Hypotheses," Public Finance = Finances publiques, , vol. 31(2), pages 177-95.
- Logan, Robert R, 1986. "Fiscal Illusion and the Grantor Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(6), pages 1304-18, December.
- Winer, Stanley L, 1983. "Some Evidence on the Effect of the Separation of Spending and Taxing Decisions," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 91(1), pages 126-40, February.
- Davis, George K, 1989. "Income and Substitution Effects for Mean-Preserving Spreads," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 30(1), pages 131-36, February.
- Megdal, Sharon Bernstein, 1987. "The Flypaper Effect Revisited: An Econometric Explanation," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 69(2), pages 347-51, May.
- Turnbull, Geoffrey K & Djoundourian, Salpie S, 1994. " The Median Voter Hypothesis: Evidence from General Purpose Local Governments," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 81(3-4), pages 223-40, December.
- Bergstrom, Theodore C & Goodman, Robert P, 1973. "Private Demands for Public Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(3), pages 280-96, June.
- Fernando Aragon, 2009. "The Flypaper Effect Revisited," STICERD - Economic Organisation and Public Policy Discussion Papers Series 004, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Dahlberg, Matz & Mörk, Eva & Rattsø, Jørn & Ågren, Hanna, 2008.
"Using a discontinuous grant rule to identify the effect of grants on local taxes and spending,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 92(12), pages 2320-2335, December.
- Dahlberg, Matz & Mörk, Eva & Rattso, Jorn & Ågren, Hanna, 2006. "Using a discontinuous grant rule to identify the effect of grants on local taxes and spending," Working Paper Series 2006:25, Uppsala University, Department of Economics.
- Matz Dahlberg & Eva Mörk & Jørn Rattsø & Hanna Ågren, 2006. "Using a discontinuous grant rule to identify the effect of grants on local taxes and spending," Working Papers 2006-12, University of Kentucky, Institute for Federalism and Intergovernmental Relations.
- Eckel, Catherine C. & Grossman, Philip J. & Johnston, Rachel M., 2005. "An experimental test of the crowding out hypothesis," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 89(8), pages 1543-1560, August.
- Peter Colwell & Carolyn Dehring & Geoffrey Turnbull, 2008. "Partial Interests in Recreational Property," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 37(1), pages 1-20, July.
- Albert Solé-Ollé, 2001. "Budget spillovers in a metropolitan area: typology and empirical evidence," Working Papers 2001/5, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.