Work location, residence location, and the intraurban wage gradient
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 32 (1992)
Issue (Month): 2 (September)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barbara Burnell, 1997. "Some Reflections on the Spatial Dimensions of Occupational Segregation," Feminist Economics, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 3(3), pages 69-86.
- J. Vernon Henderson & Mohammad Arzaghi, 2005.
"Networking Off Madison Avenue,"
05-15, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Rosenthal, Stuart S. & Strange, William C., 2008. "The attenuation of human capital spillovers," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 373-389, September.
- FUJITA, Masahisa & THISSE, Jacques-François & ZENOU, Yves, 1995.
"On the Endogenous Formation of Secondary Employment Centers in a City,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1995063, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Fujita, Masahisa & Thisse, Jacques-Francois & Zenou, Yves, 1997. "On the Endogeneous Formation of Secondary Employment Centers in a City," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 337-357, May.
- Fujita, M. & Thisse, J.-F. & Zenou, Y., . "On the endogeneous formation of secondary employment centers in a city," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1267, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Vincent Breteau & Fabien Leurent, 2011. "Job decentralization and transportation use in a monocentric city," Working Papers hal-00637406, HAL.
- Alois Stutzer & Bruno S. Frey, .
"Stress That Doesn't Pay: The Commuting Paradox,"
IEW - Working Papers
151, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- McMillen, Daniel P. & McDonald, John F., 1998. "Suburban Subcenters and Employment Density in Metropolitan Chicago," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 157-180, March.
- Rouwendal, Jan, 1998. "Search Theory, Spatial Labor Markets, and Commuting," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 1-22, January.
- Shihe Fu & Stephen Ross, 2010.
"Wage Premia in Employment Clusters: How Important is Worker Heterogeneity?,"
2011-027, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Shihe Fu & Stephen L. Ross, 2013. "Wage Premia in Employment Clusters: How Important Is Worker Heterogeneity?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 31(2), pages 271 - 304.
- Zheng, Siqi & Peiser, Richard B. & Zhang, Wenzhong, 2009. "The rise of external economies in Beijing: Evidence from intra-urban wage variation," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 449-459, July.
- Javier Romani & Jordi Surinach & Manuel Artiis, 2003. "Are Commuting and Residential Mobility Decisions Simultaneous?: The Case of Catalonia, Spain," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 37(8), pages 813-826.
- Weinberg, Bruce A., 2004. "Testing the spatial mismatch hypothesis using inter-city variations in industrial composition," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 505-532, September.
- Timothy, Darren & Wheaton, William C., 2001. "Intra-Urban Wage Variation, Employment Location, and Commuting Times," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 338-366, September.
- Javier Manuel Romani Fernandez & Jordi Surinach Caralt & Manuel Artis Ortuno, 2001. "Are commuting and residential mobility decisions simultaneous?: the case of catalonia," Working Papers in Economics 73, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Rose, Heather & Sonstelie, Jon, 2010. "School board politics, school district size, and the bargaining power of teachers' unions," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 67(3), pages 438-450, May.
- Dewey, Jim & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel, 2009. "Inter-city wage differentials and intra-city workplace centralization," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 602-609, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.