Wasteful commuting: A re-examination
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 29 (1991)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frost, Martin & Linneker, Brian & Spence, Nigel, 1998. "Excess or wasteful commuting in a selection of British cities," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 529-538, September.
- Paul K. Asabere & Forrest E. Huffman, 1996. "Thoroughfares and Apartment Values," Journal of Real Estate Research, American Real Estate Society, vol. 12(1), pages 9-16.
- Small, Kenneth A. & Song, Shunfeng, 1992.
""Wasteful" Commuting: A Resolution,"
University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers
qt5142n2ts, University of California Transportation Center.
- Alain Bertraud & Stephen Malpezzi, 2001. "The Spatial Distribution of Population in 35 World Cities: The Role of Markets, Planning, and Topography," Wisconsin-Madison CULER working papers 01-03, University of Wisconsin Center for Urban Land Economic Research.
- Dissanayake, Dilum & Morikawa, Takayuki, 2008. "Impact assessment of satellite centre-based telecommuting on travel and air quality in developing countries by exploring the link between travel behaviour and urban form," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 883-894, July.
- Kim, Seyoung, 1993. "After the Resolution: Excess Commuting for Two-Worker Households in the Los Angeles Metropolitan Area," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt2km7f60d, University of California Transportation Center.
- Lambert van der Laan, 1998. "Commuting in multinodal urban systems: An empirical comparison of three alternative models," ERSA conference papers ersa98p252, European Regional Science Association.
- Richard Voith, 1996. "The suburban housing market: the effects of city and suburban job growth," Business Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, issue Nov, pages 13-25.
- Ng, Chen Feng, 2008. "Commuting distances in a household location choice model with amenities," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(1), pages 116-129, January.
- Niedzielski, Michael A. & Horner, Mark W. & Xiao, Ningchuan, 2013. "Analyzing scale independence in jobs-housing and commute efficiency metrics," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 129-143.
- Roberts, Jennifer & Hodgson, Robert & Dolan, Paul, 2011. "“It's driving her mad”: Gender differences in the effects of commuting on psychological health," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(5), pages 1064-1076.
- Jan Oosterhaven & J. Paul Elhorst, 2003. "Effects of Transport Improvements on Commuting and Residential Choice," ERSA conference papers ersa03p29, European Regional Science Association.
- Song, Shunfeng, 1992. "Spatial Structure and Urban Commuting," University of California Transportation Center, Working Papers qt1962t3j6, University of California Transportation Center.
- Marie-Hélène Massot & Emre Korsu, 2005. "Achieving a Jobs-Housing balance in the Paris region - the potential of reducing car trafic," ERSA conference papers ersa05p647, European Regional Science Association.
- van Ommeren, Jos N. & van der Straaten, J. Willemijn, 2008. "The effect of search imperfections on commuting behaviour: Evidence from employed and self-employed workers," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 127-147, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.