Income and grant effects on local expenditure: The flypaper effect and other difficulties
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Urban Economics.
Volume (Year): 12 (1982)
Issue (Month): 3 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622905
You can help add them by filling out this form.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Block grants and the â??flypaperâ? effect
by Austin Frakt in The incidental economist on 2011-02-08 10:30:00
- Gary D. Libecap & Terry L. Anderson, 2009. "The Allocation and Dissipation of Resource Rents: Implications for Fishery Reform," ICER Working Papers 13-2009, ICER - International Centre for Economic Research.
- Pablo Acosta, 2010. "The “flypaper effect” in presence of spatial interdependence: evidence from Argentinean municipalities," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer, vol. 44(3), pages 453-466, June.
- Daniel E. Ingberman & Robert P. Inman, 1989. "The Political Economy of Fiscal Policy," NBER Working Papers 2405, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Muhammed Islam, 1998. "Fiscal Illusion, Intergovernmental Grants and Local Spending," Regional Studies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 32(1), pages 63-71.
- Suzi Kerr & Andrew Aitken & Arthur Grimes, 2004.
"Land Taxes and Revenue Needs as Communities Grow and Decline: Evidence from New Zealand,"
04_02, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Suzi Kerr & Andrew Aitken & Arthur Grimes, 2004. "Land Taxes and Revenue Needs as Communities Grow and Decline: Evidence from New Zealand," Working Papers 04_01, Motu Economic and Public Policy Research.
- Monica Singhal, 2006.
"Special Interest Groups and the Allocation of Public Funds,"
NBER Working Papers
12037, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Singhal, Monica, 2008. "Special interest groups and the allocation of public funds," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 92(3-4), pages 548-564, April.
- Singhal, Monica, 2006. "Special Interest Groups and the Allocation of Public Funds," Working Paper Series rwp06-004, Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government.
- Ross, Justin M. & Yan, Wenli, 2013. "Fiscal Illusion From Property Reassessment? An Empirical Test Of The Residual View," National Tax Journal, National Tax Association, vol. 66(1), pages 7-32, March Cit.
- Julio López-Laborda & Antoni Zabalza, 2012. "Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations: the Efficiency Effect of Taxes, Transfers and Fiscal Illusion," International Center for Public Policy Working Paper Series, at AYSPS, GSU paper1229, International Center for Public Policy, Andrew Young School of Policy Studies, Georgia State University.
- Suzi Kerr & Andrew Aitken & Arthur Grimes, 2004. "Land Taxes and Revenue Needs as Communities Grow and," Public Economics 0403001, EconWPA.
- repec:ner:euiflo:urn:hdl:1814/9868 is not listed on IDEAS
- Connolly, Laura S., 1997. "Does external funding of academic research crowd out institutional support?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 389-406, June.
- Eichhorst, Anja, 2007. "Evaluating the need assessment in fiscal equalization schemes at the local government level," The Journal of Socio-Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 745-770, October.
- Juan González Alegre, 2012. "An evaluation of EU regional policy. Do structural actions crowd out public spending?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 151(1), pages 1-21, April.
- Sharma, Chanchal Kumar, 2010. "Beyond Gaps and Imbalances: Re-Structuring the Debate on Intergovernmental Fiscal Relations," MPRA Paper 32145, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Scheffler & Richard Smith, 2006. "The impact of government decentralization on county health spending for the uninsured in California," International Journal of Health Care Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 237-258, September.
- David Card & A. Abigail Payne, 1998. "School Finance Reform, the Distribution of School Spending, and the Distribution of SAT Scores," NBER Working Papers 6766, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Turnbull, Geoffrey K., 1998. "The Overspending and Flypaper Effects of Fiscal Illusion: Theory and Empirical Evidence," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(1), pages 1-26, July.
- Rajaraman, Indira & Vasishtha, Garima, 2000. "Impact of grants on tax effort of local government," Working Papers 00/1, National Institute of Public Finance and Policy.
- Furukawa, Mitsuaki & Takahata, Junichiro, 2013. "Is GBS Still a Preferable Aid Modality?," Working Papers 50, JICA Research Institute.
- Sharma, Chanchal Kumar, 2007. "Rescuing the concept of vertical fiscal imbalance," MPRA Paper 39343, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2010.
- Strumpf, Koleman S., 1998. "A predictive index for the flypaper effect," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(3), pages 389-412, September.
- Goodspeed, Timothy, 1998. "The Relationship Between State Income Taxes and Local Property Taxes: Education Finance in New Jersey," MPRA Paper 29549, University Library of Munich, Germany.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.