Are the outputs derived from secondary materials giffen goods?
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Resources Policy.
Volume (Year): 27 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/30467
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Silberberg, Eugene, 1972. "Separability and Complementarity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 62(1), pages 196-97, March.
- Davies, John E, 1994. "Giffen Goods, the Survival Imperative, and the Irish Potato Culture," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(3), pages 547-65, June.
- White, Michael V, 1990. "Invention in the Face of Necessity: Marshallian Rhetoric and the Giffen Good(s)," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 66(192), pages 1-11, March.
- John H. Nachbar, 1998.
"The last word on Giffen goods?,"
Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 403-412.
- Grace, Richard & Turner, R. Kerry & Walter, Ingo, 1978. "Secondary materials and international trade," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 172-186, June.
- Kohli, Ulrich, 1986. "Robert Giffen and the Irish Potato: Note," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 76(3), pages 539-42, June.
- Battalio, Raymond C & Kagel, John H & Kogut, Carl A, 1991. "Experimental Confirmation of the Existence of a Giffen Good," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 961-70, September.
- Barzel, Yoram & Suen, Wing, 1992.
"The Demand Curves for Giffen Goods Are Downward Sloping,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 102(413), pages 896-905, July.
- Barzel, Y. & Suen, W., 1991. "The Demand Curves for Giffen Goods are Downward Sloping," Working Papers 91-18, University of Washington, Department of Economics.
- Barzel, Y. & Suen, W., 1991. "The Demand Curves for Giffen Goods are Downward Sloping," Discussion Papers in Economics at the University of Washington 91-18, Department of Economics at the University of Washington.
- Liebhafsky, H H, 1969. "New Thoughts About Inferior Goods," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(5), pages 931-34, December.
- Hoy, Michael & Robson, Arthur J., 1981. "Insurance as a Giffen good," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 47-51.
- Christian Weber, 1997. "A difficulty in the search for Giffen behavior," Atlantic Economic Journal, International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 25(3), pages 289-296, September.
- Charles van Marrewijk & Peter A. G. van Bergeijk, 1990. "Giffen Goods and the Subsistence Level," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 145-148, Spring.
- Marshall, Alfred, 1890. "The Principles of Economics," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number marshall1890.
- Boland, L A, 1977. "Giffen Goods, Market Prices and Testability," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(28), pages 72-85, June.
- Kohli, Ulrich, 1985. "Inverse demand and anti-giffen goods," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 397-404.
- Giuseppe Di Vita, 2002. "Inferior Goods: A note," STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2002(77).
- Yew-Kwang Ng, 1972. "Step-Optimization, Secondary Constraints, and Giffen Goods," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 5(4), pages 553-60, November.
- George J. Stigler, 1947. "Notes on the History of the Giffen Paradox," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 55, pages 152.
- Gilley, Otis W & Karels, Gordon V, 1991. "In Search of Giffen Behavior," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(1), pages 182-89, January.
- Johnston, Richard S & Larson, Douglas M, 1994. "Focusing the Search for Giffen Behavior," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 32(1), pages 168-74, January.
- George J. Stigler, 1950.
"The Development of Utility Theory. I,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 58, pages 307.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680, September.
- Gramm, William P, 1970. "Giffen's Paradox And The Marshallian Demand Curve," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 38(1), pages 65-71, March.
- Dinopoulos, Elias & Kreinin, Mordechai E, 1990. "An Analysis of Import Expansion Policies," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 28(1), pages 99-108, January.
- Richard G. Lipsey & Gideon Rosenbluth, 1971. "A Contribution to the New Theory of Demand: A Rehabilitation of the Giffen Good," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 4(2), pages 131-63, May.
- Silberberg, Eugene & Walker, Donald A, 1984. "A Modern Analysis of Giffen's Paradox," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 25(3), pages 687-94, October.
- Yochanan Shachmurove & Janusz Szyrmer, 2011. "Sir Robert Giffen Meets Russia in Early 1990s," PIER Working Paper Archive 11-020, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.