Rail infrastructure charging in Hellenic railways
AbstractIn this paper we consider marginal cost estimation in Greek railways over the period 2000-2004. Marginal cost estimation has been recently an active area of research when disaggregated data by line of operation are available but factor price data are not available. We propose panel data techniques to deal with the problem of statistical efficiency of parameters estimators. Our estimates show that marginal cost in Greek railways is comparable to the estimates in other European countries.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 33 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Marginal cost estimation Greek railways Statistical efficiency Parameter estimators;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gerhard Munduch & Alexander Pfister & Leopold Sögner & Alfred Stiassny, 2002. "Estimating Marginal Costs for the Austrian Railway System," Department of Economics Working Papers wuwp078, Vienna University of Economics, Department of Economics.
- Perelman, Sergio & Pestieau, Pierre, 1988. "Technical performance in public enterprises : A comparative study of railways and postal services," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 432-441, March.
- Loizides, John & Tsionas, Efthymios G., 2002. "Productivity growth in European railways: a new approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 633-644, August.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M & Rich, Daniel P, 1995. "The Measurement of Firm-Specific Indexes of Technical Change," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(4), pages 654-63, November.
- Baltagi, Badi H & Griffin, James M, 1988. "A General Index of Technical Change," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(1), pages 20-41, February.
- Berndt, Ernst R & Khaled, Mohammed S, 1979. "Parametric Productivity Measurement and Choice among Flexible Functional Forms," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1220-45, December.
- Caves, Douglas W & Christensen, Laurits R & Tretheway, Michael W, 1980. "Flexible Cost Functions for Multiproduct Firms," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(3), pages 477-81, August.
- John Loizides & Efthymios G. Tsionas, 2004. "Dynamic Distributions of Productivity Growth in European Railways," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, London School of Economics and University of Bath, vol. 38(1), pages 45-75, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.