The short-run production effect of the reduction of working hours
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 26 (2004)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Nymoen, Ragnar, 1989. " Wages and the Length of the Working Day. An Empirical Test Based on Norwegian Quarterly Manufacturing Data," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 91(3), pages 599-612.
- Trejo, Stephen J, 1991. "The Effects of Overtime Pay Regulation on Worker Compensation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 719-40, September.
- John M. Evans & Douglas C. Lippoldt & Pascal Marianna, 2001. "Trends in Working Hours in OECD Countries," OECD Labour Market and Social Policy Occasional Papers 45, OECD Publishing.
- Jennifer Hunt, 1996. "The Response of Wages and Actual Hours Worked to the Reductions of Standard Hours," NBER Working Papers 5716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brunello, Giorgio, 1989. "The Employment Effects of Shorter Working Hours: An Application to Japanese Data," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 56(224), pages 473-86, November.
- Jennifer Hunt, 1996.
"The Response of Wages and Actual Hours Worked to the Reduction of Standard Hours in Germany,"
Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin
138, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Hunt, Jennifer, 1996. "The Response of Wages and Actual Hours Worked to the Reduction of Standard Hours in Germany," CEPR Discussion Papers 1526, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- R Richardson & Marcus Rubin, 1993. "The Shorter Working Week in Engineering: Surrender without Sacrifice," CEP Discussion Papers dp0113, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Booth, Alison & Schiantarelli, Fabio, 1987. "The Employment Effects of a Shorter Working Week," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 54(214), pages 237-48, May.
- Altavilla, Carlo & Garofalo, Antonio & Vinci, Concetto Paolo, 2005.
"Evaluating the effects of working hours on employment and wages,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 647-664, September.
- Carlo Altavilla & Antonio Garofalo & Concetto Paolo Vinci, 2004. "Evaluating The Effects Of Working Hours On Employment And Wages," Working Papers 11_2004, D.E.S. (Department of Economic Studies), University of Naples "Parthenope", Italy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.