Currency substitution versus dollarization: A portfolio balance model
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Policy Modeling.
Volume (Year): 23 (2001)
Issue (Month): 4 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/505735
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McKinnon, Ronald I, 1982. "Currency Substitution and Instability in the World Dollar Standard," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 320-33, June.
- Benedict J. Clements & Gerd Schwartz, 1992. "Currency Substitution - The Recent Experience of Bolivia," IMF Working Papers 92/65, International Monetary Fund.
- Kim, Kyung-Soo, 1985. "Currency substitution in a production economy," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1-2), pages 141-158, February.
- Darrat, Ali F. & Al-Mutawa, Ahmed, 1996. "Modelling money demand in the United Arab Emirates," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 65-87.
- Mohamed El-Erian, 1988. "Currency Substitution in Egypt and the Yemen Arab Republic: A Comparative Quantitative Analysis," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 35(1), pages 85-103, March.
- Isaac, Allan G., 1989. "Exchange rate volatility and currency substitution," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 277-284, June.
- Bufman, G. & Leiderman, L., 1992. "Simulating an Optimizing Model of Currency Substitution," Papers 6-92, Tel Aviv - the Sackler Institute of Economic Studies.
- Guillermo Calvo & Carlos A. VÃ©gh Gramont, 1992.
"Currency Substitution in Developing Countries - An Introduction,"
IMF Working Papers
92/40, International Monetary Fund.
- Calvo, Guillermo & Vegh, Carlos, 1992. "Currency Substitution in Developing Countries: An Introduction," MPRA Paper 20338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Domowitz, Ian, 1989. "Asset Substitution, Money Demand, and the Inflation Process in Brazil," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 21(1), pages 78-89, February.
- Handa, Jagdish & Bana, Ismail Mohamed, 1990. "Currency Substitution and Transactions Costs," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 231-43.
- Rogers, John H., 1992. "Convertibility risk and dollarization in Mexico: a vectorautoregressive analysis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 188-207, April.
- Mohsin S. Khan & Pierre-Richard AgÃ©nor, 1992.
"Foreign Currency Deposits and the Demand for Money in Developing Countries,"
IMF Working Papers
92/1, International Monetary Fund.
- Agenor, Pierre-Richard & Khan, Mohsin S., 1996. "Foreign currency deposits and the demand for money in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 101-118, June.
- Björn Fischer & Petra Köhler & Franz Seitz, 2004. "The demand for euro area currencies," Working Paper Series 330, European Central Bank.
- Whited, Hsin-hui I. H., 2004. "Comment on "Currency substitution versus dollarization: a portfolio balance model"," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 113-116, January.
- Yoskowitz, David W. & Pisani, Michael J., 2007. "Risk and reward: Currency substitution and acceptance of the Mexican peso by firms in the United States southern frontier," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 422-434, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.