Information systems success factors in small business
AbstractThis paper presents the findings of an empirical study of key factors associated with computer-based information system (CBIS) success in small businesses. A descriptive model relating the key factors to CBIS success is developed. User information satisfaction is used as a surrogate measure for CBIS success. Eight hypotheses are derived from the model and tested using data from a questionnaire survey of 96 small businesses. The main findings are (1) CBIS success is positively associated with consultant effectiveness, level of vendor support, length of the small business's CBIS experience, sufficiency of financial resources, level of CEO support, and level of user participation, and (2) CBIS success is not associated with the number of administrative applications nor the presence of a programmer/systems analyst. These findings are compared with those of similar studies and their implications are discussed.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Omega.
Volume (Year): 20 (1992)
Issue (Month): 5-6 ()
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/375/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thong, James Y. L., 2001. "Resource constraints and information systems implementation in Singaporean small businesses," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 143-156, April.
- Windrum,Paul & Berranger,Pascale,de, 2003. "Factors affecting the adoption of intranets and extranets by SMEs: a UK study," Research Memorandum 026, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Juan M. Gallego & Luis H. Gutiérrez & Sang H. Lee, .
"A Firm-Level Analysis of ICT Adoption in an Emerging Economy: Evidence from the Colombian Manufacturing Industries,"
Development Working Papers
362, Centro Studi Luca d\'Agliano, University of Milano.
- Juan Gallego & Luis H. Gutiérrez & Sang H. Lee, 2011. "A firm-level analysis of ICT adoption in an emerging economy: evidence from the colombian manufacturing industries," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO 009155, UNIVERSIDAD DEL ROSARIO.
- Berranger,Pascale,de, 2002. "The adoption of e-business technology by SMEs," Research Memorandum 033, Maastricht University, Maastricht Economic Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Heinz Hollenstein & Martin Woerter, 2004. "The Decision to Adopt Internet-based E-Commerce : An Empirical Analysis Based on Swiss Firm-level Data," KOF Working papers 04-89, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.