The saving and spending habits of young people
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Psychology.
Volume (Year): 20 (1999)
Issue (Month): 6 (December)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ng, Sik Hung, 1983. "Children's ideas about the bank and shop profit: Developmental stages and the influence of cognitive contrasts and conflict," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 4(3), pages 209-221.
- Davies, Emma & Lea, Stephen E. G., 1995. "Student attitudes to student debt," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 663-679, December.
- Otto, Annette, 2013. "Saving in childhood and adolescence: Insights from developmental psychology," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 8-18.
- Pierre Volle, 2007. "Les arbitrages budgétaires des consommateurs : bilan critique des connaissances et perspectives de recherche," Post-Print halshs-00164833, HAL.
- Clinton Gudmunson & Sharon Danes, 2011. "Family Financial Socialization: Theory and Critical Review," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 644-667, December.
- Diez-Martinez, Evelyn & Ochoa, Azucena, 2006. "Occupational hierarchy as a device to study Mexican children's and adolescents' ideas about consumption and saving in adults," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 20-35, February.
- François-Charles Wolff, 2006. "Parental transfers and the labor supply of children," Journal of Population Economics, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 853-877, October.
- Barnet-Verzat, Christine & Wolff, Francois-Charles, 2002. "Motives for pocket money allowance and family incentives," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 339-366, June.
- Gasiorowska, Agata, 2013.
"Skala Postaw Wobec Pieniędzy SPP: Konstrukcja i walidacja narzędzia pomiarowego
[Money Attitudes Questionnaire MAQ: Development and validation of measurement scale]," MPRA Paper 46515, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wolff François-Charles & Barnet-Verzat Christine, 2003. "Labor opportunities against family intergenerational exchange," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 10(1), pages 1-7.
- Kidwell, Blair & Turrisi, Robert, 2004. "An examination of college student money management tendencies," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(5), pages 601-616, October.
- Canova, Luigina & Rattazzi, Anna Maria Manganelli & Webley, Paul, 2005. "The hierarchical structure of saving motives," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 21-34, February.
- Jellal, Mohamed, 2009. "A Theory of Educational Inequality Family and Agency Costs," MPRA Paper 17434, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Margaret Sherraden & Lissa Johnson & Baorong Guo & William Elliott, 2011. "Financial Capability in Children: Effects of Participation in a School-Based Financial Education and Savings Program," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(3), pages 385-399, September.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:10:y:2003:i:1:p:1-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gasiorowska, Agata, 2008.
"Różnice indywidualne jako determinanty postaw wobec pieniędzy
[Individual differences as determinants of money attitudes]," MPRA Paper 42684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gasiorowska, Agata, 2013.
"Skrócona wersja Skali Postaw Wobec Pieniędzy SPP-25. Dobór pozycji i walidacja narzędzia
[Short version of Money Attitudes Questionnaire. Items selection and scale validation]," MPRA Paper 48169, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2013.
- Erskine, Michele & Kier, Cheryl & Leung, Ambrose & Sproule, Robert, 2006. "Peer crowds, work experience, and financial saving behaviour of young Canadians," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 262-284, April.
- Bucher-Koenen, Tabea & Schmidt, Carsten, 2011. "Time (In)Consistent Food Choice of Children and Teenagers," MEA discussion paper series 11251, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Fisher, Patti J. & Montalto, Catherine P., 2010. "Effect of saving motives and horizon on saving behaviors," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 92-105, February.
- Vanhuele, Marc & Damay, Coralie, 2005. "Connaissance du prix par les enfants de 5 à 13 ans : une étude exploratoire," Les Cahiers de Recherche 820, HEC Paris.
- Friedline, Terri & Elliott, William & Chowa, Gina A.N., 2013. "Testing an asset-building approach for young people: Early access to savings predicts later savings," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 31-51.
- Wheeler-Brooks, Jennifer & Scanlon, Edward, 2009. "Perceived facilitators and barriers to saving among low-income youth," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 757-763, October.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.