Psychological antecedents of conspicuous consumption
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Economic Psychology.
Volume (Year): 10 (1989)
Issue (Month): 2 (June)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/joep
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ger, Guliz & Belk, Russell W., 1996. "Cross-cultural differences in materialism," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 55-77, February.
- Giacomantonio, Mauro & Mannetti, Lucia & Pierro, Antonio, 2013. "Locomoting toward well-being or getting entangled in a material world: Regulatory modes and affective well-being," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 80-89.
- Laurie Simon Bagwell & B. Douglas Bernheim, 1996. "Conspicuous Consumption, Pure Profits, and the Luxury Tax," NBER Working Papers 4163, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bernard Dubois & Sandor Czellar & Gilles Laurent, 2005. "Consumer Segments Based on Attitudes Toward Luxury: Empirical Evidence from Twenty Countries," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 115-128, April.
- Kastanakis, Minas N. & Balabanis, George, 2012. "Between the mass and the class: Antecedents of the “bandwagon” luxury consumption behavior," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1399-1407.
- Clinton Gudmunson & Sharon Danes, 2011. "Family Financial Socialization: Theory and Critical Review," Journal of Family and Economic Issues, Springer, vol. 32(4), pages 644-667, December.
- Flouri, Eirini, 2000. "An integrated model of consumer materialism: Can economic socialization and maternal values predict materialistic attitudes in adolescents?," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 28(6), pages 707-724, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.