Testing nonparametric and semiparametric hypotheses in vector stationary processes
AbstractWe propose a general nonparametric approach for testing hypotheses about the spectral density matrix of multivariate stationary time series based on estimating the integrated deviation from the null hypothesis. This approach covers many important examples from interrelation analysis such as tests for noncorrelation or partial noncorrelation. Based on a central limit theorem for integrated quadratic functionals of the spectral matrix, we derive asymptotic normality of a suitably standardized version of the test statistic under the null hypothesis and under fixed as well as under sequences of local alternatives. The results are extended to cover also parametric and semiparametric hypotheses about spectral density matrices, which includes as examples goodness-of-fit tests and tests for separability.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 99 (2008)
Issue (Month): 5 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005.
"Distribution Free Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Linear Processes,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series
/2005/482, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005. "Distribution free goodness-of-fit tests for linear processes," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 6840, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Taniguchi, Masanobu & Puri, Madan L. & Kondo, Masao, 1996. "Nonparametric Approach for Non-Gaussian Vector Stationary Processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 259-283, February.
- Marc Hallin & Abdessamad Saidi, 2005.
"Testing Non-Correlation and Non-Causality between Multivariate ARMA Time Series,"
Journal of Time Series Analysis,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(1), pages 83-105, 01.
- Marc Hallin & Abdessamad Saidi, 2005. "Testing non-correlation and non-causality between multivariate arma time series," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/127945, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Pierre Duchesne, 2005. "Testing for serial correlation of unknown form in cointegrated time series models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 57(3), pages 575-595, September.
- Robinson, P M, 1991. "Automatic Frequency Domain Inference on Semiparametric and Nonparametric Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(5), pages 1329-63, September.
- Granger, C W J, 1969. "Investigating Causal Relations by Econometric Models and Cross-Spectral Methods," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 37(3), pages 424-38, July.
- Hong, Yongmiao, 1996. "Consistent Testing for Serial Correlation of Unknown Form," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 837-64, July.
- Duchesne, Pierre & Roy, Roch, 2004. "On consistent testing for serial correlation of unknown form in vector time series models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 148-180, April.
- Yasumasa Matsuda & Yoshihiro Yajima, 2004. "On testing for separable correlations of multivariate time series," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(4), pages 501-528, 07.
- Roland Fried, 2003. "Decomposability and selection of graphical models for multivariate time series," Biometrika, Biometrika Trust, vol. 90(2), pages 251-267, June.
- Efstathios Paparoditis, 2000. "Spectral Density Based Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Time Series Models," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 27(1), pages 143-176.
- Chafik Bouhaddioui & Roch Roy, 2006. "A Generalized Portmanteau Test For Independence Of Two Infinite-Order Vector Autoregressive Series," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(4), pages 505-544, 07.
- Efstathios Paparoditis, 2005. "Testing the Fit of a Vector Autoregressive Moving Average Model," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(4), pages 543-568, 07.
- Eichler, Michael, 2007. "Granger causality and path diagrams for multivariate time series," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 137(2), pages 334-353, April.
- Jentsch, Carsten & Pauly, Markus, 2012. "A note on using periodogram-based distances for comparing spectral densities," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 82(1), pages 158-164.
- Wenceslao González-Manteiga & Rosa Crujeiras, 2013. "An updated review of Goodness-of-Fit tests for regression models," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 22(3), pages 361-411, September.
- McElroy, Tucker & Holan, Scott, 2009. "A local spectral approach for assessing time series model misspecification," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(4), pages 604-621, April.
- Preuß, Philip & Hildebrandt, Thimo, 2013. "Comparing spectral densities of stationary time series with unequal sample sizes," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 83(4), pages 1174-1183.
- Dette, Holger & Paparoditis, Efstathios, 2008. "Bootstrapping frequency domain tests in multivariate time series with an application to comparing spectral densities," Technical Reports 2008,28, Technische Universität Dortmund, Sonderforschungsbereich 475: Komplexitätsreduktion in multivariaten Datenstrukturen.
- Dimitrios Tsitsis & George Karavasilis & Alexandros Rigas, 2012. "Measuring the association of stationary point processes using spectral analysis techniques," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 23-47, March.
- Dette, Holger & Hildebrandt, Thimo, 2012. "A note on testing hypotheses for stationary processes in the frequency domain," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 104(1), pages 101-114, February.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.