A new class of bivariate distributions and its mixture
AbstractA new class of bivariate distributions is presented in this paper. The procedure used in this paper is based on a latent random variable with exponential distribution. The model introduced here is of Marshall-Olkin type. A mixture of the proposed bivariate distributions is also discussed. The results obtained here generalize those of the bivariate exponential distribution present in the literature.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 7 (August)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kundu, Debasis & Gupta, Rameshwar D., 2009. "Bivariate generalized exponential distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 100(4), pages 581-593, April.
- Sarhan, Ammar M. & Hamilton, David C. & Smith, Bruce & Kundu, Debasis, 2011. "The bivariate generalized linear failure rate distribution and its multivariate extension," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 644-654, January.
- Muhammad Mohsin & Hannes Kazianka & JÃ¼rgen Pilz & Albrecht Gebhardt, 2014. "A new bivariate exponential distribution for modeling moderately negative dependence," Statistical Methods and Applications, Springer, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 123-148, March.
- Kundu, Debasis & Gupta, Arjun K., 2014. "On bivariate Weibull-Geometric distribution," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 123(C), pages 19-29.
- Franco, Manuel & Vivo, Juana-María, 2010. "A multivariate extension of Sarhan and Balakrishnan's bivariate distribution and its ageing and dependence properties," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 491-499, March.
- GarcÃa, V.J. & GÃ³mez-DÃ©niz, E. & VÃ¡zquez-Polo, F.J., 2010. "A new skew generalization of the normal distribution: Properties and applications," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 2021-2034, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.