Nonnegative quadratic estimation and quadratic sufficiency in general linear models
AbstractNotions of linear sufficiency and quadratic sufficiency are of interest to some authors. In this paper, the problem of nonnegative quadratic estimation for [beta]'H[beta]+h[sigma]2 is discussed in a general linear model and its transformed model. The notion of quadratic sufficiency is considered in the sense of generality, and the corresponding necessary and sufficient conditions for the transformation to be quadratically sufficient are investigated. As a direct consequence, the result on (ordinary) quadratic sufficiency is obtained. In addition, we pose a practical problem and extend a special situation to the multivariate case. Moreover, a simulated example is conducted, and applications to a model with compound symmetric covariance matrix are given. Finally, we derive a remark which indicates that our main results could be extended further to the quasi-normal case.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 98 (2007)
Issue (Month): 6 (July)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gnot, S. & Trenkler, G. & Zmyslony, R., 1995. "Nonnegative Minimum Biased Quadratic Estimation in the Linear Regression Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 113-125, July.
- Heiligers, Berthold & Markiewicz, Augustyn, 1996. "Linear sufficiency and admissibility in restricted linear models," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 105-111, October.
- Drygas, Hilmar, 1985. "Linear sufficiency and some applications in multilinear estimation," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(1), pages 71-84, February.
- Markiewicz, Augustyn, 1998. "Comparison of linear restricted models with respect to the validity of admissible and linearly sufficient estimators," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 347-354, July.
- Gnot, Stanislaw & Grzadziel, Mariusz, 2002. "Nonnegative Minimum Biased Quadratic Estimation in Mixed Linear Models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 217-233, February.
- Liu, Xu-Qing & Rong, Jian-Ying & Liu, Xiu-Ying, 2008. "Best linear unbiased prediction for linear combinations in general mixed linear models," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 99(8), pages 1503-1517, September.
- Liu, Xu-Qing & Wang, Dong-Dong & Rong, Jian-Ying, 2009. "Quadratic prediction and quadratic sufficiency in finite populations," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 100(9), pages 1979-1988, October.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.