Integral trimmed regions
AbstractWe define a new family of central regions with respect to a probability measure. They are induced by a set or a family of sets of functions and we name them integral trimmed regions. The halfspace trimming and the zonoid trimming are particular cases of integral trimmed regions. We focus our work on the derivation of properties of such integral trimmed regions from conditions satisfied by the generating classes of functions. Further we show that, under mild conditions, the population integral trimmed region of a given depth can be characterized in terms of certain regions based on empirical distributions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 96 (2005)
Issue (Month): 2 (October)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Masse, J. C. & Theodorescu, R., 1994. "Halfplane Trimming for Bivariate Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 188-202, February.
- Fernández, Ignacio Cascos & Molchanov, Ilya, 2003. "A stochastic order for random vectors and random sets based on the Aumann expectation," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 295-305, July.
- Ignacio Cascos & Ilya Molchanov, 2006. "Multivariate risks and depth-trimmed regions," Papers math/0606520, arXiv.org, revised Nov 2006.
- Ignacio Cascos & Ilya Molchanov, 2006. "Multivariate Risks And Depth-Trimmed Regions," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws063815, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Marc Hallin & Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Siman, 2008.
"Multivariate quantiles and multiple-output regression quantiles: from L1 optimization to halfspace depth,"
Working Papers ECARES
2008_042, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marc Hallin & Davy Paindaveine & Miroslav Šiman, 2010. "Multivariate quantiles and multiple-output regression quantiles: From L1 optimization to halfspace depth," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/127979, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Ignacio Cascos, 2006. "The Expected Convex Hull Trimmed Regions Of A Sample," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws066919, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.