Constraints on concordance measures in bivariate discrete data
AbstractThis paper aims to investigate the constraints on dependence measures based on the concept of concordance when discrete random variables are involved. The main technical argument consists in a continuous extension of integer-valued random variables by convolution with unit support kernels.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 93 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vandenhende, François & Lambert, Philippe, 2003. "Improved rank-based dependence measures for categorical data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 157-163, June.
- Takemi Yanagimoto & Masashi Okamoto, 1969. "Partial orderings of permutations and monotonicity of a rank correlation statistic," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 489-506, December.
- Chavez-Demoulin, V. & Embrechts, P. & Neslehova, J., 2006. "Quantitative models for operational risk: Extremes, dependence and aggregation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2635-2658, October.
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2008. "Econometric Analysis of Financial Data in Risk Management (continuation). Section III: Managing Operational Risk," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 11(3), pages 87-122.
- José M. R. Murteira & Óscar D. Lourenço, 2007.
"Health Care Utilization and Self-Assessed Health Specification of Bivariate Models Using Copulas,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
07/27, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- José Murteira & Óscar Lourenço, 2011. "Health care utilization and self-assessed health: specification of bivariate models using copulas," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 447-472, October.
- Katarzyna Bien & Ingmar Nolte & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2006. "A Multivariate Integer Count Hurdle Model: Theory and Application to Exchange Rate Dynamics," CoFE Discussion Paper 06-06, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Faugeras, Olivier P., 2013. "Sklar’s theorem derived using probabilistic continuation and two consistency results," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 271-277.
- Genest, Christian & Nešlehová, Johanna G. & Rémillard, Bruno, 2013. "On the estimation of Spearman’s rho and related tests of independence for possibly discontinuous multivariate data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 214-228.
- Miravete, Eugenio J, 2007.
"Competing with Menus of Tariff Options,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6279, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- HEINEN, Andréas & RENGIFO, Erick, 2004.
"Multivariate reduced rank regression in non-Gaussian contexts, using copulas,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2004032, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Heinen, Andréas & Rengifo, Erick, 2008. "Multivariate reduced rank regression in non-Gaussian contexts, using copulas," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 2931-2944, February.
- Mesfioui, Mhamed & Quessy, Jean-François, 2010. "Concordance measures for multivariate non-continuous random vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(10), pages 2398-2410, November.
- Quinn C, 2009. "Measuring income-related inequalities in health using a parametric dependence function," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/24, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Katarzyna Bien & Ingmar Nolte & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2006.
"Estimating liquidity using information on the multivariate trading process,"
10, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics.
- Katarzyna Bien & Ingmar Nolte & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2006. "Estimating Liquidity Using Information on the Multivariate Trading Process," CoFE Discussion Paper 06-04, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Heinen, Andreas & Rengifo, Erick, 2007. "Multivariate autoregressive modeling of time series count data using copulas," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 564-583, September.
- Ben Omrane, Walid & Heinen, Andréas, 2009. "Is there any common knowledge news in the Euro/Dollar market?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 656-670, October.
- Grammig, Joachim & Kehrle, Kerstin, 2008. "A new marked point process model for the federal funds rate target: Methodology and forecast evaluation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 2370-2396, July.
- Lambert, Philippe, 2007. "Archimedean copula estimation using Bayesian splines smoothing techniques," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 6307-6320, August.
- Shi, Peng & Valdez, Emiliano A., 2014. "Multivariate negative binomial models for insurance claim counts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 18-29.
- Decancq K, 2009.
"Copula-based Measurement of Dependence Between Dimensions of Well-being,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
09/32, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Koen DECANCQ, 2009. "Copula-based measurement of dependence between dimensions of well-being," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces09.24, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Igor Kheifets & Carlos Velasco, 2012. "Model Adequacy Checks for Discrete Choice Dynamic Models," Working Papers w0170, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Lee, Sangyeol, 2014. "Goodness of fit test for discrete random variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 92-100.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.