Constraints on concordance measures in bivariate discrete data
AbstractThis paper aims to investigate the constraints on dependence measures based on the concept of concordance when discrete random variables are involved. The main technical argument consists in a continuous extension of integer-valued random variables by convolution with unit support kernels.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 93 (2005)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vandenhende, François & Lambert, Philippe, 2003. "Improved rank-based dependence measures for categorical data," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 157-163, June.
- Takemi Yanagimoto & Masashi Okamoto, 1969. "Partial orderings of permutations and monotonicity of a rank correlation statistic," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 21(1), pages 489-506, December.
- Genest, Christian & Nešlehová, Johanna G. & Rémillard, Bruno, 2013. "On the estimation of Spearman’s rho and related tests of independence for possibly discontinuous multivariate data," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 117(C), pages 214-228.
- Decancq K, 2009.
"Copula-based Measurement of Dependence Between Dimensions of Well-being,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
09/32, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Koen DECANCQ, 2009. "Copula-based measurement of dependence between dimensions of well-being," Center for Economic Studies - Discussion papers ces09.24, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven, Centrum voor Economische Studiën.
- Igor Kheifets & Carlos Velasco, 2012. "Model Adequacy Checks for Discrete Choice Dynamic Models," Working Papers w0170, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Fantazzini, Dean, 2008. "Econometric Analysis of Financial Data in Risk Management (continuation). Section III: Managing Operational Risk," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 11(3), pages 87-122.
- Shi, Peng & Valdez, Emiliano A., 2014. "Multivariate negative binomial models for insurance claim counts," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 18-29.
- José Murteira & Óscar Lourenço, 2011.
"Health care utilization and self-assessed health: specification of bivariate models using copulas,"
Springer, vol. 41(2), pages 447-472, October.
- José M. R. Murteira & Óscar D. Lourenço, 2007. "Health Care Utilization and Self-Assessed Health Specification of Bivariate Models Using Copulas," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 07/27, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Katarzyna Bien & Ingmar Nolte & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2006.
"Estimating Liquidity Using Information on the Multivariate Trading Process,"
CoFE Discussion Paper
06-04, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Katarzyna Bien & Ingmar Nolte & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2006. "Estimating liquidity using information on the multivariate trading process," Working Papers 10, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics.
- Ben Omrane, Walid & Heinen, Andréas, 2009. "Is there any common knowledge news in the Euro/Dollar market?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(4), pages 656-670, October.
- Lambert, Philippe, 2007. "Archimedean copula estimation using Bayesian splines smoothing techniques," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(12), pages 6307-6320, August.
- Miravete, Eugenio J, 2007.
"Competing with Menus of Tariff Options,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6279, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Faugeras, Olivier P., 2013. "Sklar’s theorem derived using probabilistic continuation and two consistency results," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 271-277.
- Lee, Sangyeol, 2014. "Goodness of fit test for discrete random variables," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 92-100.
- Heinen, Andréas & Rengifo, Erick, 2008.
"Multivariate reduced rank regression in non-Gaussian contexts, using copulas,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 52(6), pages 2931-2944, February.
- HEINEN, Andréas & RENGIFO, Erick, 2004. "Multivariate reduced rank regression in non-Gaussian contexts, using copulas," CORE Discussion Papers 2004032, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Heinen, Andreas & Rengifo, Erick, 2007. "Multivariate autoregressive modeling of time series count data using copulas," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 564-583, September.
- Grammig, Joachim & Kehrle, Kerstin, 2008. "A new marked point process model for the federal funds rate target: Methodology and forecast evaluation," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 2370-2396, July.
- Mesfioui, Mhamed & Quessy, Jean-François, 2010. "Concordance measures for multivariate non-continuous random vectors," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(10), pages 2398-2410, November.
- Katarzyna Bien & Ingmar Nolte & Winfried Pohlmeier, 2006. "A Multivariate Integer Count Hurdle Model: Theory and Application to Exchange Rate Dynamics," CoFE Discussion Paper 06-06, Center of Finance and Econometrics, University of Konstanz.
- Chavez-Demoulin, V. & Embrechts, P. & Neslehova, J., 2006. "Quantitative models for operational risk: Extremes, dependence and aggregation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(10), pages 2635-2658, October.
- Quinn C, 2009. "Measuring income-related inequalities in health using a parametric dependence function," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 09/24, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.