Functional canonical analysis for square integrable stochastic processes
AbstractWe study the extension of canonical correlation from pairs of random vectors to the case where a data sample consists of pairs of square integrable stochastic processes. Basic questions concerning the definition and existence of functional canonical correlation are addressed and sufficient criteria for the existence of functional canonical correlation are presented. Various properties of functional canonical analysis are discussed. We consider a canonical decomposition, in which the original processes are approximated by means of their canonical components.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 85 (2003)
Issue (Month): 1 (April)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kargin, V. & Onatski, A., 2008.
"Curve forecasting by functional autoregression,"
Journal of Multivariate Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 99(10), pages 2508-2526, November.
- A. Onatski & V. Karguine, 2005. "Curve Forecasting by Functional Autoregression," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 59, Society for Computational Economics.
- V. Kargin & Alexei Onatski, 2004. "Curve Forecasting by Functional Autoregression," Discussion Papers 0405-18, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Harezlak, Jaroslaw & Coull, Brent A. & Laird, Nan M. & Magari, Shannon R. & Christiani, David C., 2007. "Penalized solutions to functional regression problems," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 51(10), pages 4911-4925, June.
- Hans-Georg Müller & Wenjing Yang, 2010. "Dynamic relations for sparsely sampled Gaussian processes," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 1-29, May.
- Haeran Cho & Yannig Goude & Xavier Brossat & Qiwei Yao, 2013. "Modeling and forecasting daily electricity load curves: a hybrid approach," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 49634, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.