Model Specification Tests in Nonparametric Stochastic Regression Models
AbstractIn this paper, we consider testing for additivity in a class of nonparametric stochastic regression models. Two test statistics are constructed and their asymptotic distributions are established. We also conduct a small sample study for one of the test statistics through a simulated example.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 83 (2002)
Issue (Month): 2 (November)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lavergne, Pascal & Vuong, Quang, 2000.
"Nonparametric Significance Testing,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(04), pages 576-601, August.
- Eastwood, Brian J. & Gallant, A. Ronald, 1991. "Adaptive Rules for Seminonparametric Estimators That Achieve Asymptotic Normality," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 307-340, September.
- repec:wop:humbsf:2000-21 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fan, Yanqin & Li, Qi, 1996. "Consistent Model Specification Tests: Omitted Variables and Semiparametric Functional Forms," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 64(4), pages 865-90, July.
- Gallant, A. Ronald, 1981. "On the bias in flexible functional forms and an essentially unbiased form : The fourier flexible form," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 211-245, February.
- Li, Qi, 1999. "Consistent model specification tests for time series econometric models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 92(1), pages 101-147, September.
- Rodney C Wolff & Jiti Gao & Howell Tong, 2006. "Adaptive orthogonal series estimation in additive stochastic regression models," School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series 208k, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Hardle, W. & Kneip, A., 1998.
"Testing a Regression Model when we Have Smooth Alternatives in Mind,"
9808, Catholique de Louvain - Institut de statistique.
- Wolfgang Härdle, 1999. "Testing a Regression Model When We Have Smooth Alternatives in Mind," Scandinavian Journal of Statistics, Danish Society for Theoretical Statistics & Finnish Statistical Society & Norwegian Statistical Association & Swedish Statistical Association, vol. 26(2), pages 221-238.
- Haerdle,Wolfgang & Kneip,Alois, 1992. "Testing aregression model when we have smooth alternatives in mind," Discussion Paper Serie A 389, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Andrews, Donald W K, 1991.
"Asymptotic Normality of Series Estimators for Nonparametric and Semiparametric Regression Models,"
Econometric Society, vol. 59(2), pages 307-45, March.
- Donald W.K. Andrews, 1988. "Asymptotic Normality of Series Estimators for Nonparametric and Semiparametric Regression Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 874R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised May 1989.
- Eubank, R. L. & Kambour, E. L. & Kim, J. T. & Klipple, K. & Reese, C. S. & Schimek, M., 1998. "Estimation in partially linear models," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 27-34, November.
- Hong, Yongmiao & White, Halbert, 1995. "Consistent Specification Testing via Nonparametric Series Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1133-59, September.
- Jiti Gao & Hua Liang, 1997. "Statistical Inference in Single-Index and Partially Nonlinear Models," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer, vol. 49(3), pages 493-517, September.
- Masry, Elias & Tjøstheim, Dag, 1995. "Nonparametric Estimation and Identification of Nonlinear ARCH Time Series Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality: Strong Convergence and Asymptotic Normality," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 11(02), pages 258-289, February.
- Fan J. & Huang L-S., 2001. "Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Parametric Regression Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 640-652, June.
- Hall, Peter, 1984. "Central limit theorem for integrated square error of multivariate nonparametric density estimators," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Boente, Graciela & Fraiman, Ricardo, 1988. "Consistency of a nonparametric estimate of a density function for dependent variables," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 90-99, April.
- Masry, Elias & Tjøstheim, Dag, 1997. "Additive Nonlinear ARX Time Series and Projection Estimates," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(02), pages 214-252, April.
- Cox, Dennis D. & Kim, Tae Yoon, 1995. "Moment bounds for mixing random variables useful in nonparametric function estimation," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 151-158, March.
- Gao, Jiti & Tong, Howell, 2002. "Nonparametric and semiparametric regression model selection," MPRA Paper 11987, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2004.
- Dabo-Niang, Sophie & Francq, Christian & ZakoÃ¯an, Jean-Michel, 2010.
"Combining Nonparametric and Optimal Linear Time Series Predictions,"
Journal of the American Statistical Association,
American Statistical Association, vol. 105(492), pages 1554-1565.
- Sophie DABO-NIANG & Christian FRANCQ & Jean-Michel ZAKOIAN, 2009. "Combining Nonparametric and Optimal Linear Time Series Predictions," Working Papers 2009-18, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Gao, Jiti, 2007. "Nonlinear time series: semiparametric and nonparametric methods," MPRA Paper 39563, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2007.
- Dabo-Niang, Sophie & Francq, Christian & Zakoian, Jean-Michel, 2009. "Combining parametric and nonparametric approaches for more efficient time series prediction," MPRA Paper 16893, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Song Xi & Gao, Jiti, 2007. "An adaptive empirical likelihood test for parametric time series regression models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 141(2), pages 950-972, December.
- Chaohua Dong & Jiti Gao, 2012. "Specification Testing Driven by Orthogonal Series in Nonstationary Time Series Models," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 20/12, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Chaohua Dong & Jiti Gao, 2014. "Specification Testing in Structural Nonparametric Cointegration," Monash Econometrics and Business Statistics Working Papers 2/14, Monash University, Department of Econometrics and Business Statistics.
- Gao, Jiti & King, Maxwell, 2003. "Estimation and model specification testing in nonparametric and semiparametric econometric models," MPRA Paper 11989, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Feb 2006.
- Song Xi Chen & Jiti Gao, 2010. "Simultaneous Testing of Mean and Variance Structures in Nonlinear Time Series Models," School of Economics Working Papers 2010-28, University of Adelaide, School of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.