A Characterization of Quasi-copulas
AbstractThe notion of quasi-copula was introduced by C. Alsina, R. B. Nelsen, and B. Schweizer (Statist. Probab. Lett.(1993), 85-89) and was used by these authors and others to characterize operations on distribution functions that can or cannot be derived from operations on random variables. In this paper, the concept of quasi-copula is characterized in simpler operational terms and the result is used to show that absolutely continuous quasi-copulas are not necessarily copulas, thereby answering in the negative an open question of the above mentioned authors.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 69 (1999)
Issue (Month): 2 (May)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alsina, Claudi & Nelsen, Roger B. & Schweizer, Berthold, 1993. "On the characterization of a class of binary operations on distribution functions," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 17(2), pages 85-89, May.
- Cuculescu, Ioan & Theodorescu, Radu, 2003. "Are copulas unimodal?," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 48-71, July.
- Nelsen, Roger B. & Quesada-Molina, José Juan & Rodriguez-Lallena, José Antonio & Úbeda-Flores, Manuel, 2008. "On the construction of copulas and quasi-copulas with given diagonal sections," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 473-483, April.
- Quesada Molina, Jose Juan & Sempi, Carlo, 2005. "Discrete quasi-copulas," Insurance: Mathematics and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 27-41, August.
- Fabrizio Durante & Erich Klement & Carlo Sempi & Manuel Úbeda-Flores, 2010. "Measures of non-exchangeability for bivariate random vectors," Statistical Papers, Springer, vol. 51(3), pages 687-699, September.
- Stefan Aulbach & Verena Bayer & Michael Falk, 2012. "A multivariate piecing-together approach with an application to operational loss data," Papers 1205.1617, arXiv.org.
- Chiburis, Richard C., 2010. "Semiparametric bounds on treatment effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 159(2), pages 267-275, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wendy Shamier).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.