Testing for Changes in Multivariate Dependent Observations with an Application to Temperature Changes
AbstractWe develop procedures for testing for changes in the mean of multivariatem-dependent stationary processes. Several test statistics are considered and corresponding limit theorems are derived. These include functional and Darling-Erdos type limit theorems. The tests are shown to be consistent under alternatives of abrupt and gradual changes in the mean. Finite sample performance is examined by means of a simulation study, and the procedures are applied to the analysis of the average monthly temperatures in Prague.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoArticle provided by Elsevier in its journal Journal of Multivariate Analysis.
Volume (Year): 68 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 (January)
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/622892/description#description
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Steinebach, Josef & Eastwood, Vera R., 1996. "Extreme Value Asymptotics for Multivariate Renewal Processes," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 284-302, February.
- Kokoszka, Piotr & Leipus, Remigijus, 1998. "Change-point in the mean of dependent observations," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 40(4), pages 385-393, November.
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels, 2001.
"Detecting Mutiple Breaks in Financial Market Volatility Dynamics,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels, 2002. "Detecting multiple breaks in financial market volatility dynamics," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(5), pages 579-600.
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels, 2001. "Detecting Multiple Breaks in Financial Market Volatility Dynamics," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 0202, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Horváth, Lajos & Husková, Marie & Kokoszka, Piotr, 2010. "Testing the stability of the functional autoregressive process," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 101(2), pages 352-367, February.
- Zhou, Jie, 2011. "Maximum likelihood ratio test for the stability of sequence of Gaussian random processes," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 55(6), pages 2114-2127, June.
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels, 2002.
"Tests for Breaks in the Conditional Co-movements of Asset Returns,"
CIRANO Working Papers
- Elena Andreou & Eric Ghysels, 2003. "Test for Breaks in the Conditional Co-Movements of Asset Returns," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 3-2003, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Lajos Horváth & Gregory Rice, 2014. "Extensions of some classical methods in change point analysis," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 219-255, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.